looking for a repalcment bed

purg113

new to me f350
Reaction score
does any one know where i can find a replacement bed for my 93 F350 dully the last owner put a F150/250 bed on and just bolted the fenders in place. so it scares me a little to put a load on it this summer at work the trailers i haul are around 10klbs plus loads up to 18klbs

gingrass179

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya I also have a longbed dually bed but you are far id get rid of it for 150 if your ever down here tho!

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
I'm missing something here, what is the problem? Tow hitches bolt to the frame, the bed should not matter

dagreendeville

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Inside a true dually bed fender has a bigger hole for the dually wheels where as a normal bed has a lip for a single wheel so just putting dually fenders on can be a bit of a problem when loaded because the srw bedside will come in contact with the tires I'm not the best at explaining things but there's tons of pictures out there that show a dually bed without a fender on it that would explain it a little better...... Someone correct me if I'm wrong

purg113

new to me f350
Reaction score
no you are right on the mark the bed is only about 6" away from my tires now and with a load I will be looking for tires before i leave the parking lot. :)

gingrass179

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey can you by chance get me the width of the dually bed?? as im taking my truck home tomorrow (with the dually bed) and think i might not be able to get it to fit in my backyard???

IDIDieselJohn

0-60....eventually
Reaction score
Umm.... theres no difference in beds ranging from F150-F350....it's all the same sheet metal.

So don't worry about your bed!

zebrabeefj40

Reaction score
Inside a true dually bed fender has a bigger hole for the dually wheels where as a normal bed has a lip for a single wheel so just putting dually fenders on can be a bit of a problem when loaded because the srw bedside will come in contact with the tires I'm not the best at explaining things but there's tons of pictures out there that show a dually bed without a fender on it that would explain it a little better...... Someone correct me if I'm wrong

There are no differences on the inner fenders/inner bedsides of the SRW/DRW beds. ALL of the difference is in the outer skin. The SRW bed outer skins form the wheel opening. The DRW bed outer skins are formed to be a part of the inner fender and to provide holes and reinforcement for the dually fenders. I'm currently using most of an F150 SRW bed on my dually. I cut the outer skins off a dually bed and welded them into the F150 bed to mount the dually fenders. The outer DRW skins fell right onto the contours of the SRW inner bedsides.

:cheers:
Nick

purg113

new to me f350
Reaction score
but what I am saying is he did no modifiation to the 152/250 bed exept cut holes for the fuel lines and use self tapping bolts to hold the fenders on that's it. so when it squats under a load i am worried that the side of the bed under my fenders will meet my tires and my tires will lose that fight. and the bed was never attached right to begin with it is all rusted out too. so eather way i need a new bed.

zebrabeefj40

Reaction score
Then saw the wheel opening bigger until you find the right bed...if it's already junk you can't make it much worse.

:cheers:
Nick

chevytaHOE5674

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like Zerba said, a cut off wheel on a grinder and a couple minutes you could remove the original SRW fender that is inside the wheel well to get you through for the time being.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle