Looking for a needle in a haystack

travelinman31

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a tachometer needle for my 85. I have the cluster with tach, but the needle is gone. I've tried some other needles I found at parts house (and one from an 89), but none fit. If anyone has one or knows where I might find one, I'd appreciate it.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just sold my last cluster. But I'll check and see if one of the local yards has one

jaluhn83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got 2 clusters with tach but both are spoken for. I'll let you know if one falls through.

Might be able to pull one from the junkyard though, I'll see what I can find. I'd bet that the gasser needle is the same......

travelinman31

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been there done that or at least tried something similar. But the piece the needle slides onto is recessed ever so slightly in the hole of the cluster, and makes it difficult to attach anything but the correct needle to it.

460mudsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A shot in the dark but, would any of the needles from other gauges in the same style cluster work? i.e. a speedometer or temperature needle.

travelinman31

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Speedometer might, it would have to be cut off as its is too long. The others wont work because they attach different.

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I personally like the gasser tach idea. I'm assuming the gasser tach's are much easier to find. Good luck!

mblaney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you get one from a pressure gauge or a wall thermometer? How about a wall clock? Clock one would be balanced...