looking for a flex plate

camo85

smoke em out
Reaction score
A friend of mine is in need of a flex plate/flywheel for his 94 f-250 7.3 idi turbo with automatic trans. Anyone have one layin around to get rid of? His is broken in four pieces now, and he said he can't find, [i think that means aford in his language], a new one. PM me if you have one, and how much you want for it. I may just buy it for him and say merry christmas or happy birthday or whatever. Thanks guys

camo85

smoke em out
Reaction score
yeah it's an E4OD. not sure if they are diferent or not. sure it would take long for someone to set us strait on it :) I'll let you know if I find out. thanks

jeffgordon24

91 f250 kingcab 4*4
Reaction score
got one from a 92 was a e4od ,only problem im from canada dont know how i would get it out to you
:dunno

camo85

smoke em out
Reaction score
The '86 spare engine I have has the same flexplate my '90 7.3 has. So it should work.

should.... lol I think they are the same. I need a little better then should to go for it though. thanks for the reply

jeffgordon24... thanks for the offer, but shipping from canada to usa for that might be a little salty. I could check on it though.

Smokin85, PM me what you want for it. you are pretty close to me and the shipping would be afordable for me.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The E4OD came with two differant flexplates. BTS in Leadhill Arkansas will have what you want but.... If you need the older 3 piece cast iron with the thin stamped steel plate you are out of luck. Ford does not have any more of them. I bought the last one after a national search. The heavy cast iron wheel cost then around $480.00 and the thin plate was $200.00. That small 4 inch washer looking thing was $180.00 plus.... The thick spacer that is on the crank flange is no longer made either. I have several of them thanks to a few good members here. So... What does your friend need. Email me for pricing.... The flexplate with the gear welded to it is easy to find at most any trans shop but I personally would only buy from Brian at BTS....

camo85

smoke em out
Reaction score
The E4OD came with two differant flexplates. BTS in Leadhill Arkansas will have what you want but.... If you need the older 3 piece cast iron with the thin stamped steel plate you are out of luck. Ford does not have any more of them. I bought the last one after a national search. The heavy cast iron wheel cost then around $480.00 and the thin plate was $200.00. That small 4 inch washer looking thing was $180.00 plus.... The thick spacer that is on the crank flange is no longer made either. I have several of them thanks to a few good members here. So... What does your friend need. Email me for pricing.... The flexplate with the gear welded to it is easy to find at most any trans shop but I personally would only buy from Brian at BTS....

wow thanks. I didn't know there was more than one. I will have to call him and find out witch one he has.

Cincinnati Guy

Reaction score
Well I would rather find out for sure if I have the Flexplate your looking for, Id hate to sell you the wrong one...Does he or you have a picture of whats left of the flexplate? But anyways Ill PM you what I want for it.

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
should.... lol I think they are the same. I need a little better then should to go for it though. thanks for the reply

Yeah, I'm not pulling my trans just to check it!LOL But with the inspection plate off they look the same. There was a similar discussion a week or so ago and I don't think anyone actually put them side by side to check.

camo85

smoke em out
Reaction score

does that mean he can only use one or the other? or is one just alot stronger than the other?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle