Look what the cat ,er tow truck driver drug in.

stumpjumper3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Long story short, my brother owned this truck, 1993 W350 2we. Solid running truck, bought it and built a custom farrier box for the back. Unfortunately last week the passenger side lower ball joint separated on him at 65mph! He was okay, reacted quickly and managed to keep the truck out of the ditch. Unfortunately no wrecking yards out:mad: here had the parts to fix it, and his mechanic advised him that the front end was in need of enough work it would probably out value the truck. Seeing as his livelihood is the box on back, he needed a truck ASAP. He found a great truck at a very good dealer here in town, so anyway long story longer, they were going to give him $1000 for his wrecked truck. Well I asked if I could give home the money and get the truck, and if the dealer would be okay with that. They were! Bless their hearts. So the truck was delivered.to my house and right into the garage. I got to looking, truck has six new tires, great cab, D70 rear, good interior, oh and best of all, this little gem under the hood, starts in under a full crank none the less.87259[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• IMAG0142.jpg
    IMAG0142.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
Wish I could see the pictures... The I/T gremlins here at my work block out flickr, guess the other programmer spent too much time looking at pictures of random "flikr girls" in questionable states of undress and therefore got the website added to the "banned" group on the firewall. :D

There is a guy with a '95 dodge 2500 cummins who lives in the RV park where I am at who comes home every day at exactly 4:00 in the afternoon and no matter where I am in the park I can hear this truck comming for probably 2 minutes before I see it, on account of the wasted ball joint screeching. I always thought if I followed the guy long enough the frontend would eventually give way on him, and if I carried a little *** of cash I could be there to scoop it up for him and thus have myself a nice 12 valve engine.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
X 3 on the no photo worky thing.:D

Sounds like a nice rig, can't wait to see it.:eek:LOL

Heath

Drew2010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my pic worked.... its a cummins

1000 seems like a good price. gonna do a swap or fix it?

stumpjumper3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well crud guys, sorry about the mess up with the picture. All I have is my phone so it is still new to me with posting pics. I'll try Photobucket later and see if it works better. As for the truck, yep its indeed a 5.9 turbo intercooled diesel. I thought about fixing the truck, but I think ill salvage the motor and part out the rest to recoupe some money. I still don't know if ill swap it in the Ford, its a lot of work and extra money to replace something that works just fine. We will see though, it was just too good a deal to pass up. I've also got a 78 Cherokee that I would like to return to daily driver status for my wife.

Compu Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the truck is all black and the pic was taken at night without any lights then I would have to say that is one beautiful truck. Otherwise I also got the black screen with Firefox and Internet Explorer.

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
If the truck is all black and the pic was taken at night without any lights then I would have to say that is one beautiful truck. Otherwise I also got the black screen with Firefox and Internet Explorer.

:rotflmao

Mabey i'm wrong about the IT guys then... Mabey Flickr DOES work here...

Hmmmm...... Flickr Girls..... :D

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I'm also on the list of people who can't see the picture :(

Thank goodness no one got hurt...steering system failures can be scary!!

If you're parting out the whole truck, I'm curious about details on the box (assuming your brother didn't pull it off and transfer it to his new truck)...I'm contemplating building a hybrid utility/flat bed for my truck (since I don't know how to weld, I'm afraid of how much it'll end up costing :shocked: ), but if there's something similar to what I want out there, that would be much easier :D