$$ lift pump?

rthomas

Reaction score
im trying to help my buddy find a good deal on a lift pump for a 96 12 valve, localy there around $200:shoot: he has a #5 fuel plate does he need a upgraded pump or will a stock one do? who has them for cheap? thanks -russ

rubberfish

Reaction score
Hi Russ,
The lift pump is not an issue until you get into the 24V.
I'm not sure how much they should be. I'll find
out soon as I need to buy one myself for a '94 12V.
I guess they'd be more at Dodge and Cummins.
Did you check out places like BD, and Piers?
They're both up here, you must have some
places closer to you, or, get it shipped.

MUDDY

Reaction score
napa has liftpumps at less dollars than cummins. cummins is half the cost of dodge dlr.

as bob said no issue w/ these pumps. they go long way b4 going out and a #5 plate isnt a problem with the supply the stocker puts out

rthomas

Reaction score
it seems that napa is the best deal at $154, we're pretty sure the spring in this pump is going out because its clicking a lot, my buddy seems convinced that he has a supply problem because he isnt getting any smoke and has less power than he thinks he should have with the #5 plate

rthomas

Reaction score
best estament is around 250000, his dad drove it with the speedo unpluged for quite a while

MUDDY

Reaction score
yep,,,,,,if it nvr been chnged probably time to do so..some guys change em out at 150,000 mile just for prevntive maintainance

the napa price,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ya can jew with em a bit and knockem down another 20 bucks or so