Lift Pump Failed

fastass350

SStock8569
Reaction score
04 with an automatic, 66k, has run flawlessly since I've owned it (bought it in 06 with 18k) today, still running fine, just stopped running. Finally figured it was not getting fuel. Got the P0628 lift pump code.

I do believe it's under warranty, so it's headed that direction the end of the week after I change the color of fuel from red to green.

My questions are...what causes them to fail? Are these susceptible to IP failure when the lift pump goes? I had to limp it about ten miles, so I drained fuel out of the tank to a bottle, by disconnecting the rubber hose from the bottom of the lift pump, then would keep the filter housing full. It died a few times, and had a fair amount of intermittent cranking to get it fired up again. Should I be concerned about the life of the IP, or do you think things are fine?
Or...since I don't know much about these, does this have an IP or is it the common rail? Or both?

Who's had luck getting tow bills paid for from the dealer, good, bad, or otherwise??

Thanks
Chris

condor74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not had any problems with the in the tank pump conversions that I have done. I have done probably 50 or more installs of this pump with no come backs. The only pump failures we have had were due to fuel quality problems and vandalism. I dont doubt that higher quality pump is out there but if you have a replacement in the tank pump fail again that quickly I would look at what is in your tank for the cause. Just my .02

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online

No members online now.