"lift kit" for rear seat in supercab?

seanpistol

Reaction score
i thought i remembered seeing one of these in jcwhitney a while back, but can't seem to find it anymore. i was wondering where i would be able to find one, and if it would give me enough room to put a sub underneath the back seat.

Mont91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All the lifts I saw were only 4 inches. Metal fab shop should be able to custom make one tall enough to put your sub under.

seanpistol

Reaction score
thank you! i have a slim amp under my back seat that does fit, but i can't lay my seats flat because of it. this should definitely take care of that, and a sub is to come in the near future as well.

Gone Huntin'

Reaction score
I have MOST of the hardware for one, just missing the bolts and the seatbelt extension brackets. You can have it for the ride. I did have to add an inch to the one in my truck for my 10" subs to fit comfortably.

ClassicIDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thouugt about this about a year ago but after failing to find a lift tall enough I came up up with a solution..... put the subs in the seat. I took the seat apart and built custom box's on the seat bottom out of 3/16 steel and took some foam out and presto.

You must be registered for see images attach

seanpistol

Reaction score
ClassicIDI said:
I thouugt about this about a year ago but after failing to find a lift tall enough I came up up with a solution..... put the subs in the seat. I took the seat apart and built custom box's on the seat bottom out of 3/16 steel and took some foam out and presto.

that's definitely sweet, and props on the creativity!

unfortunately, i'm a ski bum and spend quite a few freezing nights on the back seat when it's laid flat. granted i'm 6'3" and it's not a very good fit, but it's better than my open bed during a snowstorm and i can't seem to sleep sitting upright in the front. i need that back seat to be able to lay flat.

a sub similar to this one and my amp for my speakers should be able to fit well under the back seat with that little lift kit, and still allow the back seat to function properly.

thanks for all the help guys!

Jeff Dodson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just get the rear seat off of a 94' I believe is the year. I did it and put my seats on the frame, cant tell it wasnt factory

EvergreenRanch

In Transition
Reaction score
SERIOUS PROPS on the speaker seats.......i have the aforementioned seat lift kit, and big boom isnt my thing, but your solution has my head gears turning fast for a couple of different things........ fast swing out recessed armory anyone?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
EvergreenRanch said:
SERIOUS PROPS on the speaker seats.......i have the aforementioned seat lift kit, and big boom isnt my thing, but your solution has my head gears turning fast for a couple of different things........ fast swing out recessed armory anyone?
it's been done. problem is, you're not a LEO anymore that kind of accessability is now a no-no for you.:D

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Not if you have a CCW.......oh wait,You guys are in The Peoples Republik Kalifornicate so you can't even own weapons......

EvergreenRanch

In Transition
Reaction score
towcat said:
it's been done. problem is, you're not a LEO anymore that kind of accessability is now a no-no for you.:D

yeah dont remind me. still not used to 4'oclock being so light. I am WAY happier though. I was getting screwed and i knew it, wasnt going to see street. Ive got plenty of time to find my place somewhere.

Brian VT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just get the rear seat off of a 94' I believe is the year. I did it and put my seats on the frame, cant tell it wasnt factory
Sorry for digging up such an old thread but I didn't want to get flamed for not searching.
Is the '94 seat the way to go or is there a "lift kit" still available for the rear seat of my '87 SuperCab?
I'd like the seat to be a bit more bearable for humans to sit on but still fold flat for my dog.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
This may or may not help you since mine is a 1985 and the bottom and the back of the seat are separate. I cheated when I did mine to put my sub underneath the rear seat. I got ahold of a piece of an old trampoline frame. I cut it into 4 8" long pieces. Then I ran a piece of 3/8" all thread though the seat bolt holes. I set the seat bottom back over the all thread and used some large flat washers, lock washers, and then nuts to hold the seat down. I did use a nut with a large washer on the top and the bottom of the floor to hold the all thread into the larges, metric threaded holes.

Brian VT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine are separate pieces also. I'd like it to fuction the same but be a bit higher. So I guess the back and the locking mechanism has to come up also.