lets talk filters

ramon f350

Reaction score
I am curious about what brand filters everyone is running. I know this is like asking what kind of toothpaste everyone uses but I thought I would get som opinions on them. I run a baldwin oil filter B134 since I have a full case of them at the shop from one of our wreckers that we just got rid of. then I use a wix 33217 fuel filter and a wix air filter cant remember the number on it though. I am thinking of switching ovr to all Baldwin filters. I have used them in the past and the truck we just got rid of had around 600k on it any thoughts on Baldwin? :confused:

Thanks
Ramon

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
I use Wix, have for about 20 years. I put major miles on my daily drivers (gassers), sold one with 345,000 and one with 274,000 and had no major engine problems all using Wix. Until I have a reason, that is what I will continue buying. Check out www.filter1.com for good prices, I am not affilitated, but my dad and I order several together and get free shipping. I think it takes 6 to get free shipping.

Last edited:

bikepilot

Turbo IDI
Reaction score
Motorcraft FL1995 oil filter on my IDI, also use a Motorcraft Fuel filter. Don't remember what brand the air filter is, IIRC its a wix. I'm sure most brands work just fine but I do like the extra capacity of the PSD oil filter:cool

pafixitman

Reaction score
Motorcraft at the moment. I have all Wix filters sitting in the house now. Air, oil and fuel for all of my vehicles.

And by the way - Crest.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm using Motorcraft oil and fuel filters (got used to using OEM filters back wen I had my old Scout, since non-OEM filters didn't exist!), a Napa coolant filter, and the air filter is just a Fr@m at the moment...need to replace it with a Napa filter, but I was in a hurry last time I replaced it.

Oh yeah, and Aquafresh :D

BTW, bikepilot, welcome aboard!! :thumbsup:

soulpatchfr

goat herder
Reaction score
Amsoil's version of the FL1995, + their 2 qt bypass ;Sweet , + their AF (although i usually stick in a WIX/NAPA while it's being cleaned, dried & oiled), NAPA coolant filter, usaully a WIX/NAPA FF, and Aquafresh :D

those Donaldson filters are nice... they're making Amsoil's stuff now, i think, aren't they :confused:

Cowboy_Customs

Rhinestone Cowboy
Reaction score
I'm runnin a K&N 2005 or is it 6? its a K&N for a stroker oil filter, a Fleetguard fuel filter (good nough for a Pete, its good nough for me!) and an STP Air filter, It was the only one that Autozone had at the time for my truck, and I didnt have the dough for the K&N.

And its Sensodyne plus whitening by the way.

JPR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wix psd oil filter.
Fleetguard water filter (no precharge).
And soon, a B&M transmission filter.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Motorcraft FL1995 for oil and fuel, precharged fleetguard on coolant, K&N air filter.

ps- Russ you Did where the fastest there :Sly ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REM70

Members online