Lets see your STACK install pics..

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The three of you need to reread that post very carefully.pay close attention to the last sentence.might be surprised at what you may find

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
You are right rich. You said tailgate UP and items on top of it.BUT, you ever lay a sheet of 1/2" or 3/8" sheet rock like that, it will SNAP.

My point is, I have an 8' bed, and I want an 8' bed

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you do it right itll be fine.done it more times than I care to remember.

GreenDiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea for the sake of argument, all you need is a couple of 2x4's to lay the sheet of drywall on and you can transport them with your gate up.

Done this trick on my friends 6' bed

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey if ya like stacks run stacks, if not then don't. I personly like the look, but hate everything that goes with running them. So i've decided to not run them at all, plus i realy want to get a tonneau cover anyway..

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
once i get in gear ill have stacks a toolbox and tonneau cover all working together

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
If you have true duals and stacks you can easily fit a 4x8 piece of sheetrock/plywood in your bed with the tailgate up. The bed is about 4' between the wheel wells, so as long as your stacks are in the corners coming up through the floor, no issue. Thats how my 85 was. Regardless, if it doesn't spark when I cut it, it most likely will never end up in the bed of my truck. :D

alex211

Reaction score
They have been miter cut and are shorter now but here is a mock up of the stacks in my buddies 77 ford. It has a 7.3 IDI backed by a ZF5. The front axle is a 79 hi pinion 60 and the rear is a 14 bolt. The exhaust is 3" to the stacks which are 4".

You must be registered for see images attach

Another picture

tygerrrr

Reaction score
I have my stacks turned out so soot on my truck is not an issue. Space isn't an issue either, I can still fit an ATV in my bed even with the tool box. People use their trucks for different things, gotta do what works best for you. As far as routing, my 93 comes up through the inside of the frame to a Y pipe that goes to the stacks. I had an 85 F-250 with a 460 that I was running stacks on and I had each pipe cross under the frame just behind the rear front spring mount. It actually provided more ground clearance than the OEM exhaust did.

hey could you post a picture of where you ran the exhaust tubing under the frame. im wanting to do the same thing to my truck but im just scared about clearance issues

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
I will try, I sold the truck to a friend of mine. I will see if he can snap some more pics as that is all I have right now.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score

4" grand rock turnouts. Stock manifolds, stock "Y" pipe, 2.5" glasspack then straight into the home made splitter pipe and out through the stacks. Sounds GOOD when you want it to, and no real soot issues to speak of.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online