leaky injetors /IP

robmoore11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a problem guys. there is a puddle of diesel under my IP i did not notice before. and also 5/8 injectors/return lines are wet with diesel and there are puddles of diesel by the glow plugs, not sure where to go with this i have done alot of work to this truck and put quite a bit of money into it aswell. not sure if shes worth it to me to spend another 600-1000 on the fuel system any ideas?

gingrass179

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wont cost ypu any where near that much I got g code injectors new glow plugs and.new return lines for 320 shipped and an ip at 275 from ebay its a uhaul pump

robmoore11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats a bit of a relief to hear, hah. does anybody know the size of the rubber line running from each injector? i am going to start with replacing the rubber lines and hope that it solves the leak for the injectors, as for pump im going to hope that its a loose line, i will pull off each line and clean the fittings and such.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Slow down and step back from the engine... My bet is your return lines are begining to leak. Buy a kit from typ4 and its a done deal. Nothing hard but be sure to keep things clean. Make sure all the injector line clamps are in place too. If any are missing the fuel pulse from each injection will crack the hard lines. About the only tool needed is a 5/8 inch wrench to losen the injector lines. No need to remove the injectors either. A dental pick to pull off the o-rings on the injectors and install the new ones. No need to purge the fuel system either. About an hour job... Cost is around $30.00 and Russ ships direct with better o-rings too. Ebay is selling some really poor o-rings in the kits these days too..

robmoore11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Slow down and step back from the engine... My bet is your return lines are begining to leak. Buy a kit from typ4 and its a done deal. Nothing hard but be sure to keep things clean. Make sure all the injector line clamps are in place too. If any are missing the fuel pulse from each injection will crack the hard lines. About the only tool needed is a 5/8 inch wrench to losen the injector lines. No need to remove the injectors either. A dental pick to pull off the o-rings on the injectors and install the new ones. No need to purge the fuel system either. About an hour job... Cost is around $30.00 and Russ ships direct with better o-rings too. Ebay is selling some really poor o-rings in the kits these days too..

will do, i messaged typ4 about the return line kit.
another question, where the return lines connect on each injector is that middle part where it connects supposed to swivel? it seems very loose.

erikbala

Ride rank make Bank
Reaction score
its possible the o rings are bad causing the leak and the swivel, when you get your kit it will include all of the following the hose, return line t's, o rings and new clamps. there will be a slight movement from the t but will be fairly firm in its place when pressed all the way down.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
those are also included in my kit price. which is 39 shipped in US

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Those olives are great addition to the typ4 kits. I bought just one from a shop out here several years ago and it was $8.00 fricken bucks...:eek:-cuss:mad: That was a lesson that cost me $8.00... Never did that again. Found a better place to spend my money. Remember the dental pick to remove the old o-rings. Its a tuff job without that tool.

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
Don't just replace your lines as you will disturb the caps ans orings too much when doing so and you will make them leak if they aren't already.

artfd

Reaction score
The plastic caps when installed over the o-rings on top of the injectors, will rotate very easily until secured with the return lines and return line clamps. They should not spin or come off the top of the injector easily, though.