Leaks HELP

vanet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay guys I have finally gotten all the return lines to stop leaking. NOW there is a drip coming out of the little rubber electrical connection on top of the fuel filter housing. What is that, and is here some sort of an o-ring or something above the fuel filter that would make it stop leaking? It seems to be a spade connector and it doesnt seem like there should even be fuel there? Thanks for the help. Van:dunno

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Thats the fuel heater electrical connection. There is an o-ring in there that hardens so then it leaks. Some remove it all togehter and seal up the opening with epoxy or rtv sealant. We really don't use the heater and nobody has been able to prove its doing anything. BTW it turned on when the engine is running only but its always on then. International sells the o-ring for around $2.50 each. Last time I bought 2 of them. A spare in the glove box is a good thing to have. Check the parts bin forum to get the part number... Ford will not have the part and try to sell toy the complete filter header...

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not only can the O-ring fail, but the plastic that houses the heater and spade plug can crack (happend on my 6.9 crew cab). What I did was remove the heater altogether.......... and thread the opening with an NPT pipe thread tap. Then put JB weld on the theads of a pipe plug and screwed it down. No more leaks and no more o-ring to leak down the road.

Heath