Leaking fuel onto engine

p575

Reaction score
I have a 94 F-350 with the 7.3 IDI. It has about 265,000 miles on it. It doesn't get ran much, only to haul trash/wood/trailer and such. I noticed the other day that it had some fuel sitting on top of the heads as if the injectors or something in that area was leaking fuel. I don't have a garage and the weather is crappy today, so I haven't had a chance to really look into it yet. Looking around on this site, it seems that most people with injectors leaking made a mistake when reinstalling them, mine haven't been off since I've had the truck, and thats been about 3 years. I'm pretty handy, but I haven't worked on diesels before, much less this one. Anybody have any suggestions on what to check first on this engine? Thanks for any advice.

pt_Ranger_v8

Reaction score
Sounds like your return lines need to be replaced. That would be my first check.

A repair kit is about $30, and if you don't have a turbo, (maybe even if you do), you should be able to replaced them in about an hour.

edit: ninja'd by a minute:backoff

p575

Reaction score
If thats it, will I need to replace lines and o-rings or just the rings? What are they called and where can I get them? Searching napa and advances website doesn't bring up anything for fuel return line.

Thanks for the quick replies.

Jbevs

IDI Newb
Reaction score
Russ (typ4 on here) will sell you the kit along with quality viton orings. It where I got mine and am very happy.