Last request for a-pillar gauge pod mounts for an 84'

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
Well I'm going to bolt on the turbo next week and I want to put in an EGT as a minimum. I'm hoping to pillar mount them. I'm trying to find my last thread to ask again but I'm having trouble with search.

Has anyone found aftermarket gauge mounts for the a-pillars on 80-86's? I cannot seem to find anything. Might have to mount it on the dash...

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what you're looking for doesn't exist in the plug-n-play world.
you will need to do is buy a 92-97 assy and modify extensively.

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
IF i have my wastegate set to 8psi as per factory, do I need to worry about a boost gauge? Or would a pyro be enough? I'm not looking to set any land speed records here, just not drive a 6% grade at 35mph in 3rd...

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both Sun-Pro and J.C.Whitney, among others, offer single, double, and triple gauge-pods for A-pillar mounting.

These units are one-size-fits-all.

You heat them with a hair-dryer, mold them to suit, trim any excess, prime and paint to suit.

I prefer my gauges on top of the dash, just below the over-the-hood eye-line, but the A-pillars are also nice.;Sweet

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
I found a gauge pod for a '94 Honda Accord/Civic fits nicely onto the pillar with only a little trimming with a razor knife. I have to install my guages in it, but the pod will work if you don't mind the design of the pod.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
I am currently working on making a production run of pods for the 80-87 body trucks. It'll be a while yet before Im done with it though, too busy with my day job and other projects that need finishing first. I'll keep you guys updated though if you're interested.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pyro is the real critical gauge but you really should have the boost as well although if your to 8psi at most you'll probably never come anywhere close to an overboost situation.