A-Pillar Gauge Pods for a 84' F-250

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
I'm going to need to put in a number of gauges - EGT, Boost, Transmission Temp and a fuel tank temperature gauge. I was hoping to go with mechanical ones, and smallish (2" or so) ones.

I looked at the AutoMeter site and the only egt that they have is electronic and black faced. I think I'd prefer white on black for my old eyes. Anyway here are my q's:

1. Does anyone have a link to a a-pillar 4 gauge mount that they like for a 80-86' f-250?

2. Who makes awesome mechanical gauges?

jimraelee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
gauge pods... well you will probably have to get 2 2pod add ons, or just go with a 3 gauge pod. Its not a full replacment style, but rather a clamp on to your A post cover.

Gauges, I like and read good things about Isspro. So I just bought the 3.

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
go to summitracing.com they ll have a better selection of autometer gauges for ya
a 4 pod pillar ud probably half to make your own

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No one makes an A-pillar pod for the '83-86 interior. A three pod is all you really have room for as well. You will have to get an Autometer pod for a 92-97 truck and cut the top and bottom off of it to make it work. If you have a red interior, Dupli-color's Vinyl dye VS-4 red is as close as you will get. Here are some photos of what I've done with my gauges on my '86. I used Autometer Z-series and Banks Pyro and Boost.

Pod new and before modification and paint.
You must be registered for see images

Pod modified, painted, and mounted.

I put my other gauges under the dash and to the right of the shifter.

Heath

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whats that fuel gauge? is it ran off a different sender or what. My fuel gauge is a joke so any alternative is welcome.

diesel4me2

Camping is more importanter!
Reaction score
or do what i did, 5 on the a-piller and 4 over the rear view. 5 singles cut and shaped to fit tightly, and a 4 pod for a stuperduty cut and fitted over the mirror.

chris

Attachments

• MVC-446S.JPG
    MVC-446S.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 73
  • MVC-448S.JPG
    MVC-448S.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 73
  • MVC-449S.JPG
    MVC-449S.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 89
  • MVC-447S.JPG
    MVC-447S.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 74

diesel4me2

Camping is more importanter!
Reaction score
so how difficult is it to make the SD unit fit the windshield?

time consuming more than anything. trim the back of the pod to fit close to the wind shield, drill two tiny holes in the trim up top for screws with washers to catch the front lip of the pod, then had to guess where the wires would fall, and had to cut an opening in the trim piece( it's covered by the pod). then i had to remove the dash, remove the pass a-pillar cover, then the trim up top. install gauges, wire gauges, feed wires through the center of the clips that hold the trim up, down the pass pillar and wire into system. all the wires i ran are in wire a loom, it makes it easy to move that way. once everything is installed i put window tint on the area behind the pod and trimmed to fit the pod. had to super glue the velcro to the pod and the tint as the sun melts the sticky stuff that is holding it up. my truck is an 86, install in a newer truck:dunno . hope this helps
chris

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those are cool...I like that idea...though I think I'll do my 4gua A pillar out of glass as I planned...maybe build a mould to fab some parts ..... 87-91 body is what I have.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin