Kent Moore tach n time 33300 missing parts

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
Hey guys. Just picked up this never been used Kent Moore 33300 for a bargain, here locally. It works. However I am missing the clamp on adapter for the injection lines and probably some other stuff. Never used one before and all I have is what is in the picture, including a lumi probe but supposedly only for use on GM diesels.

Now can someone please tell me what all is missing from this kit and where I can get replacement parts. I realize parts are becoming hard to find. It would sure be nice to make a complete kit out of this and start timing idi's properly. If anyone has spare parts that they would be willing to sell, let me know please.

Thanks

You must be registered for see images attach

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Kent Moore sells the parts you need. These meters are well supported too by them. Sadly your magnetic probe is missing and that cost is about $375.00 new. Then the clamp probe harness and clamp are a separate item and the harness is $175.00 new as the clamp is around $75.00. Sorry for the expensive bad news. Is this meters display red or kind of greenish blue?

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
Its expensive new but good news that parts can still be obtained. The display is in red.
The magnetic probe, is that the part that goes into the timing hole near the crank pulley? Do you happen to have a picture of that? I may have something somewhere from long ago, just would be nice to have an idea of what they look like. I will get on ordering whatever parts I need, soon!

Thank you!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I do not have a pic of the mag probe and yes.. It fits the TALL skinny hole at the damper.Goggle J33300 and look at the pics of your meter to see what the mag probe and clamp probe plus harness look like...
Very sorry to tell you your meter is nearly not repairable because of the red display. This is a very nice display but its in a vacuum tube type item. the ONLY repair shop in the US had very few parts to repair this display. when they run out the COMPLETE meter is not repairable. This does not mean yours will fail on your first timing either. they are old meters and have lasted nearly 35 years. The new meters are J33300-A and are complete microprocessor application too. they have the two piece clamp probe harness. Originally yours had the clamp permanently attached to the harness. New ones have them separate so you can swap clamp sizes for different size hard lines.

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
I see. Well I will be gentle with mine and it has seen next to no use so hopefully I can get a bit of service out of it and get my fleet timed.