Just went thru the whole turbo pedestal/drain pipe leak issue...

JesterPgh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And of course, nobody, not even International, had the grommet for the valley pan. I run an ATS 088 (wouldn't have been my first choice, but it was on there when I got it), and what I found to work, was a Dorman "HELP!" product, part number 42344, Chrysler PCV Grommet. It had to be slightly stretched to go on the drain pipe/pedestal, but once on, it was ON. After getting the pedestal loosely in place, I installed the turbo unit to the pedestal (won't go in as a unit in mine), tightened those together, and had to pry down on the turbo to get the pedestal bolts to the intake to line up. It sealed tight, and isn't pouring oil (I lost a gallon in one mile, luckily I was close to home) anymore. Hope this can help someone, as this part seems to be very readily available, as I was going to try the 460 rocker cover grommet, but nobody had one of those either.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
The 088 uses the same size as the factory turbo the one that comes with the valley pans fits. I'm not sure if the part is sold by itself, but it does come with the new valley pans, I believe a head set had one in it as well. Head set also had the oring that seals the pedestal to the manifold where the hole is at the back where the CDR used to mount.

JesterPgh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I almost bought the valley pan kit; but everyone around me had to order them, and wouldn't have been able to have it until next week. Although, this was $71.00 cheaper than the best price I got on the valley pan kit, and did the job.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Might also check with dieselmann He's got the ford factory part number listed on his site as Crankcase Depression Regulator-valley pan or valve cover grommet E3TZ-6A892-A . Those are the ones that come in the valley pan kits and they fit the 088 pedestal just right ( at least they fit mine just right)

Alex S

Jeoff
Reaction score
ok so i picked up an factory ATS turbo kit off a 94 to go on my 91, Im assuming i will need this grommet ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger