Just releases! Oh bull nose and brick nose guys... Lookie!!!

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wow.
to be dead honest, i dont like the rear shackle.
but, WTH it works, and its cheap!

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you could do it without the lift, I'd be game. I don't need the truck to be any taller.

Thanks for sharing though. I'm sure a lot of guys would find it quite helpful.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my RSK only lifted it a max of 1/2"
but i have more time in my rear shackles than it would have to install this whole kit.

siegler

Reaction score
I used one of those kits on my f350 in September, I haven't driven it yet though.
The kit is kinda cool since it leaves the stock shackle mount in place. But it isn't perfect. The box in plate had to be trimmed where it hit a couple rivets.
I installed it with the radiator support out, but I did try to shove the plates into the frame horns on my f250 that still has a diesel radiator support (tall radiator), it would not fit unless the radiator support was removed to do the install.
Putting the stock bumper back on required trimming the bumper where it hit the new spring mount, and shimming the whole bumper forward a fraction of an inch.
It was all likely less work than making a 92+ kit work though.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This lookes good and I think bolting a decent winch bumper on truck totally got super simple if you fab it with the plates in mind.

It would be easy to make plates thar bolt on top of outer plates and also use the factory humper holes.

This just may be ordered here and soon guy gotta do what guy gotta do.

dunk

Dunce
Reaction score
Awesome. Would prefer less droop below frame but at that price for bolt on vs redesigning the wheel to keep shackles higher I'll probably bite and just add a leaf in rear to even it out.

This kit uses stock springs I assume since rear location stays the same. Can anyone compare RSK with factory vs superduty springs?

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
will super duty F350 front springs suffice?
can get measurements tomorrow AM

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
Awesome. Would prefer less droop below frame but at that price for bolt on vs redesigning the wheel to keep shackles higher I'll probably bite and just add a leaf in rear to even it out.

This kit uses stock springs I assume since rear location stays the same. Can anyone compare RSK with factory vs superduty springs?

The rear location normally stays the same with superduty springs, the front mount is moved forward. I have both super duty and stock springs at my house. Can measure for you when I get home

In this pic you can see how far forward the mount is for superduty springs compared to the kit above
You must be registered for see images attach

dunk

Dunce
Reaction score
What RSK is that pictured? Or did you make that one?

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
The one I used is a pmf kit designed for 92-97 trucks. I modified it and adapted to older frame. But also that kit is to use 99-03 superduty springs