just hit the mother load

90idi4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was talkin to my friend from back home who owns a junk yard. I found a tcase
PHP:
[HTML][/HTML]
that he had to get my truck running again. Got to talkin and he sold me a zf5 a 1356 t case and a full banks sidewinder kit exhaust and everything that I need off motor to make it work all for $700. My question is what all do I need to do to put this on my 7.3 na. Its a jasper rebuild with 75000miles on it.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you took it off the other engine, then it should bolt on yours the same way. Just reverse the procedure.

90idi4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was worried aboutif the stock na head studs, gaskets, and if ip and injectors would work. This is the 1st diesel I've ever owned and never had a turbo. I read on it on here and heard recommendations just didn't know if a stock na could handle it. The donor truck has a reman in it but its full of antifreeze so motors wasted.

90idi4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Install is the easy part its lifting heads and making it unreliable I'm worried about.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
These engines are plenty strong in the na applications stock from the factory. Banks or any of the other big three turbo companys could not have been sucessful adding a turbo to these trucks and make them live a long life. My 89 engine finally gave out at 370,000 + miles with a banks wastegated turbo about the last half of its life. Never did lift a head gasket but did cavitate the number 8 vylinder. The other head never came off the engine so. that tells me the stock head gaskets and bolts can handle the turbo easily. Keep boost no higher than 11 or 12 lbs and you will be fine. Does a turbo add stress to these engines.... Yes but they can handle it. Enjoy the new found power too..:sly

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
Yeah...but that ZF will not fit. Box it up and ship it to me so I can put it to good use.

BTW, with 10% and studs, how much boost can you run?

SWS

90idi4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
u can have my old for 50 bucks its takin up room in my dineing room just needs reverse and a spring or 2 for the shifter