Just cuz she's old...

Diesel Fly

Body By Rustoleum
Reaction score
Doesn't mean she has to be ugly...

I spent some time cleaning the truck today. Got her in March and today is the first time that I took the time to wash it :eek:

I decided to see if I could get some of the oxydation off of the paint. Here are a couple of pictures. you can easily see the before and after on each side of the hood. Came out pretty good ;Sweet

I used a Porter Cable DA polisher and a few different compounds. BTW, the pictures were taken before waxing the whole thing so now it's even shinier!

Attachments

• IMG_0981.jpg
    IMG_0981.jpg
    650.4 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0977.jpg
    IMG_0977.jpg
    715 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0976.jpg
    IMG_0976.jpg
    852.3 KB · Views: 26

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
I didn't know Rustoleum would shine up like that.:rotflmao

EZ lives close enough to go see if he really finished it though.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good. If you want a windsheild without a scratch in it, I have a couple on hand.

Diesel Fly

Body By Rustoleum
Reaction score
LOL Some good comments from all! The Rustoleum is the shiniest part!! :rotflmao I painted the cowl at the base of the windshield (BTW it's not a scratch - just dirt).

I spent some time on *one* of the wheels today and got pretty decent results. Here are a couple of pictures of that. (Before, After and whole truck - sorry no flash...)

And no, I'm nowhere near finished... Working 12 hour days and having a 2 y.o. daughter takes up what little time I have. :eek:

Attachments

• IMG_0988.jpg
    IMG_0988.jpg
    849.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0990.jpg
    IMG_0990.jpg
    654.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0997.jpg
    IMG_0997.jpg
    610.4 KB · Views: 18

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OMG! :eek: Those are the exact same wheels that are on the Moose Truck! If I had not found another set some years ago, I'd be beating you with a stick into selling them to me. LOL What are you using to clean them up, and when do you want to come and do mine. :hail

big van

Nobody Special
Reaction score
Mothers Mag polish will clean up aluminum great!! Normally just requires a little elbow grease but works great on non-clear coat wheels. I would love to have a set of those wheels. By the way where do you guys park at night??? :rotflmao :rotflmao Just KIDDING!!! I don't like 12 Ga. car alarms!!! :backoff Matt

Diesel Fly

Body By Rustoleum
Reaction score
OMG! :eek: LOL What are you using to clean them up, and when do you want to come and do mine. :hail

I used the same Porter Cable DA sander/polisher with a 6 inch sanding disc. I used 600 on the whole wheel to get the heavy crud off. Then I switched to a fairly stiff foam polishing pad and used some aluminum polish left over from my aircraft mechanic days. I just let the polisher do most of the work. Last step was hand buffing them with a microfiber cloth just to get the residue off.

The wheels were on the truck when I bought it. I think they are American Racing and about 9" wide :eek:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't say for sure if your right about the brand, but I know they are the same wheels. Check out THIS link. I haven't been able to match them up, but I'd say they were Ansen, except they don't have a name cast into them that I can find.

Diesel Fly

Body By Rustoleum
Reaction score
Thanks for the link! I'll have to look closely the next time I have one off. Watch them turn out to be some rare vintage wheels that are worth $10K a set...:D cookoo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge140

Members online