Joinging the ranks???????

Guntherx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I must be joing the ranks of the "what next"? I was so happy the other night to go hot rodding and jumped in, cranked up the heat, and what in the world????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why can't I see? What is that smoke? What is that.................smell? Oh crap its antifreeze. So after a cold ride home I am going to set out this am to change the heater core. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Yep that sucks, but is not difficult to replace, it provably takes about 30 minutes 1 hour. When You remove it there is a spring that You have to remove (remember how it was) then You can turn the core out (after all the screws), that is when I replaced one. You may want to gt some foam to put around the core if the one left is dried out too.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
On that body style I know that you change out the heater core in like 20 mins... 30 if you milk the job... it's so easy it's funny...

Guntherx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It went well. The only difficult part was trying to get the plastic cable unhooked on the left side of teh glove box. I ciouldn't for the life of me get it out without destroying the box so I cut it off. Other than that it was a brezze. I just has to take the core over to see if it was HO or normal.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Yep that is the one i was talking about, You need some needle nose pliers and maybe a long flat screw driver to get it off/on.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online