Joined IDI Family!

dazedandconfused

Reaction score
Well I went and got myself an IDI today! She needs work but runs good! It is a 91 XLT, 4X4, 5speed, new trans and clutch! Boy ran it off the road and broke spring hanger on driver side!

Andy

Attachments

• idi.jpg
    idi.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 29
  • IDI2.jpg
    IDI2.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 35

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you'll be selling both Chevy's now??!! LOL Looks to be in good shape body-wise and if she runs and drives good, sounds like you found yourself a cool truck!! ;Sweet

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats! Welcome to the brotherhood. Be sure to read the FAQ's if you haven't.

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dazedandconfused said:
Well I went and got myself an IDI today! She needs work but runs good! It is a 91 XLT, 4X4, 5speed, new trans and clutch! Boy ran it off the road and broke spring hanger on driver side!

Andy

Man that's a rough looking truck! :)

I mean that in a nice way... LOL

Glad you have a project truck... looks like it will be fun.

Mike

dieseldummy

Lost in time
Reaction score
You now have a complete colection of IDI's put in pickups. A 6.5 and what a 7.3 in the '91. I have a feeling the IH motor will be a lot funner to work on for ya compared to the GM.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dieseldummy said:
You now have a complete colection of IDI's put in pickups. A 6.5 and what a 7.3 in the '91. I have a feeling the IH motor will be a lot funner to work on for ya compared to the GM.
Outside of the injectors being in a really funky location, I really don't have much to complain on servicing the 6.2/6.5. All the cries about being underpowerd aside, I can powerwash a 6.2/6.5 without worrying about flooding the intake valley, hence a driver can take a 6.2/6.5 powered truck through deeper water. Irregardless of brand name, all the mech injected motors have great points and not-so-great points. But the best point is they will get you home when most of the "smarter" ones have a brain seizure :D ;Sweet :rotflmao

dazedandconfused

Reaction score
Well the 6.5 is gone. I traded it for this truck and for another and a little cash. I've got it were I can drive it and move it but it needs ball joints and some other little parts. I'll post some pics of it cleaned up!

Andy

dazedandconfused

Reaction score
Here are a few pics since it is in one piece again and cleaned up a bit! Not bad for $500 truck, that is what I have invested in it.

Andy

Attachments

• IDI 2.jpg
    IDI 2.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IDI 4.jpg
    IDI 4.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 14

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Andy,
It looks good. Nice touch on the parking brake. :D
I preffer the split piece of firewood.
You must be registered for see images

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow!! 500 bucks...you're trying to give Darrin Tosh a run for his money on finding deals!! That's great for 500 bucks! Looks even better cleaned up!! :thumbsup: ;Sweet

dazedandconfused

Reaction score
Well the deal was I bought the old 6.5 For $1900. I traded it for this truck and another truck I have to pic up this weekend and the boy is throwing in a little cash. I probably came out ahead on the deal but I put $500 in the 6.5 before I got rid of it. Now it is down the road to the salvage yard to get my project engine to start on. I love having friends in the wrecking buisness sometimes. I'm suppose to pull a 6.5 out and pull a 454 and I get another complete 7.3! Know I need to sell the Dodge and start talking some more to Ken over a DPS!

Andy

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online