John Deere 4110

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been toying with my JD 4110, looking to get some more power out of it...... It really does not need it but, Its fun... It has a Yanmar 3 cyl. Diesel and its is hydrstat... The hydrostat kinda weakens the system, in 4x4 when it gets burried.... You can hear the hydro whine and the tires move slow..... Anybody got some mods to give me a little more power?:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

infidel

Full of It
Reaction score
Green ill do.
If you want it to keep it farming leave it be. Most tractors are already turned up about all the way, not like the engines they put in pickups.

MUDDY

Reaction score
bullydog be making power modules for the bigger 'green' trctors. i hear they work purty well. nuthin for the little job u got tho

PEANUTGRWR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I HAVE A POWER BOX ON MY DEER 8000 SERIES TRACTORS. WORKS GREAT. CAN MAKE A 70K TRACTOR PULL WHAT A 150K WILL PULL!!!!!!!! WORTH EVERY DIME.

BRIAN LEAVE WELL ENOUGH ALONE. A HYDRO CAN BE OVER LOADED VERY EASILY. CHANCES ARE ITS PULLING AND DOING ALL IT CAN. MORE POWER UNDER THE HOOD WONT GET YOU ANY MORE PULL OUT BACK.

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool, thanks guys... Guess if i want more power, I just need to buy a little more tractor.....:thanks:

2500cummins

Reaction score
I HAVE A POWER BOX ON MY DEER 8000 SERIES TRACTORS. WORKS GREAT. CAN MAKE A 70K TRACTOR PULL WHAT A 150K WILL PULL!!!!!!!! WORTH EVERY DIME.
Last year we paid just over $19,000.00 to rebuild the trans on our early 7800 Deere, needed nearly every shaft, bearing, clutch drum, ect,ect, even 3 main case sections. The damn tractor is only worth maybe 40K at best, I would definately think long and hard about turning up any "working" tractor, play tractors are another story, bombs away there.

PEANUTGRWR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
YOU HAVE A GOOD POINT 2500 BUT, THE 8000 SERIES ARE ALL BASICALLY THE SAME FROM THE 8100 TO THE 8400 THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS THE PUMP SETTING. THERE FOR BOOSTING THE 8100'S HP FROM 175 TO 225HP ISNT REALLY THAT DRASTIC OR UNCALLED FOR IMHO. NOW LIKE CRANKING IT UP TO 300 WHERE IVE HAD MY 8200;) IS A BIT TO HIGH. I ONLY DONE THAT WHILE IT WAS ON THE DYNO WHEN I WAS CALIBRATING THE ADJUSTABLE BOX. I HAVE IT SET PRETTY SAFE AT AROUND 240HP. THE PRICE OF THE BOX IS 1000 AND THE DIFFERENCE IN THE PRICE OF THE TRACTOR THAT IS THE EXACT SAME AS MINE BUT ONLY A HIGHER HP SETTING IS ROUGHLY 15000----------THATS WHY I DO IT:D

tingram

Reaction score
Originally posted by infidel
Green ill do.
If you want it to keep it farming leave it be. Most tractors are already turned up about all the way, not like the engines they put in pickups.

i beg to differ most of the new stuff might be harder to turn up but the older tractors take you r pick are unlimited with all kinds of things just like tohe trucks. a guy just told me yesterday a good diesel mechanic at brandeis machinery had a guy bring a tractor to put on their dyno with twins and fuel work no bottom end work 1100hp. this guy tells no lies i would believed him if he said anything his word is as good as the day is long. not trying to lite any fires but there is alot that you can do. i have one right now i am toying with. its a 4010jd with a 404 engine out of a 7700 jd combine.
tad ingram

infidel

Full of It
Reaction score
I have no doubt the tractor engines can be turned up but are they still used to farm with?
I farm and rather than make a tractor less reliable I'd rather just buy a bigger one. It's too important for me to have a tractor that works when I need it, timing is everything in farming.

duramax man

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images
would like a little more hp on this little girl, now has 160, would like 200, any clues;)

duramax man

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images
the 9380 is a mechanical pump, and stock injection pressure is 190psi, but with a few wrenches can be turned to 206 psi or 450 plus hp, as the one in the back is a electronic and i am still looking for a power box for that, i will say the electonic one starts better and faster, and is also better on fuel, but sure like the the extra hp of the mechanical;)

Dmax Tim

Reaction score
Back in the 70s dad put a 327 Chevy and glide on a F-20 Farmall.
Played w/ it for a while but 47mph in a 25 zone speeding ticket and the cops were always harrassing him so he sold it to a friend.
The dust really rolled discing at 30+ mph.

We have a 7120 that is 238hp on dyno.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REM70

Members online