IT'S HERE! MOOSE TV - Moose injectors!

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm... I resisted chimming in on this, but I do feel that we need to point out one obvious thing. If you buy a used Cummins, it does NOT come with a new rebuilt pump, or new injectors. A rebuilt pump for a Cummins will run you $2500! I don't know what injectors cost, but if we are going to talk finances, lets be realistic. Yea, you can go out and buy a whole Dodge truck with a Cummins IN it for $1600-$1800 (approximate price of Moose Pump and Moose Misters), but how much more money are you going to have to dump into it to make it reliable? I don't think the monetary comparision you are making has a sound basis for comparison. Price out a Cummins with a new pump and injectors on it, if you want to look at it properly.

Paint me a skeptic when it comes to doing a cummins swap on the cheap. I'm sure many that have cummins engines will disagree, but really, you have a used engine that likely will be found in a beat up truck........how lucky do you feel?:dunno

I often hear people say "oh just put a cummins in there, its cheaper anyway";Really

Still I wait for proof of that.....

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
idk where you can find a cummins engine alone for 1600-1800 more less a whole truck! i live in ky so that maybe why but a 12v cummins engine is at least 2000 or a whole truck thats rough is 2500. i was on craigslist the other day an a 99 dodge 3500 dually 4x4 auto cummins really nice truck was 15000 aint no way in hell a 99 trucks worth that especially stock! i can get a 2000 f350 dually 6 speed with 7.3 psd for around 10 so what is so special about a cummins that i am missing??

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
I see them listed here for anywhere from $1000 to $2200 or so. But like others have posted there is a lot more to putting one in your ford than just getting the engine.
Even saw one listed for $800 and it was gone immediately. Bet it made a sonic boom leaving.
A friend of mine had one given to him and he put it in using the dodge motor mounts. I think he has maybe one thousand in the swap and that is with the engine being free. He put a getrag behind it.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see them listed here for anywhere from $1000 to $2200 or so. But like others have posted there is a lot more to putting one in your ford than just getting the engine.
What he said.

I looked fairly seriously into swapping a 1st Gen Cummins into my truck maybe 6 months ago...sorry to all the purists, but as much as I love my IDI, I've been wanting to play with a 12 valve since I was 15 or so (when they were still selling them new ;p ) and I can't justify a second truck. If you're adept at welding and/or plan to use the Dodge tranny, it might be cheaper, but I figured that, to get a Cummins in my truck and mounted to my recently-rebuilt ZF5, I would easily be looking at $2,000...and that doesn't include the engine purchase :shocked:

Just my $.02 on the matter....short of winning the lottery or finding free parts :D I think the 6.9l's staying in my truck for the foreseeable future...

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my case, I rock the NP435, and the NV4500 has a divorceable bell...

My thoughts, I need validation, or refutation, are to get one (should I ever go there) complete to the end of the bell pack and stuff my NP up against the bell, modding that as necessary.

plywood

Recovered N/A
Reaction score
Yeah, that's true. Read that when I saw the ad and forgot about it by the time I posted it.

Kind of goofy if they aren't rebuilt, wonder what they think the core is worth?

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
thats one hell of deal if it was here in ky even with a core due or core charge . i been looking into a dt360 swap too.....wat do yall think???

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think if you want to reliably break 250 hp, and if you want smoother engine than a v design, DT360 is an EXCELLENT choice.

ID $.02

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
i think so too i found for 350 if i go pull it out an i can hear it run i think im gonna go get it this weekend...what all would i need to do to make it work in my truck? its a 93 f250 7.3 non turbo 5 speed 4x4

crazytwo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what's the final final with the injectors as far as power increase. Did they bump the mpgs? Would these be a good choice for running WMO?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online