It's been a while since you guys swonked anyone....

82fordtruck

Reaction score
I have a 2006 GMC 3500 CC dually for the weekend. We haven't taken it much of anywhere yet, but this thing is INCREDIBLE!!! It has the 360 HP, 650 TQ duramax, with the 6 speed allison. The overdrive in the allison puts me at about 1700 RPM's at 70 mph. I have heard that this combo puts out well over 20 mpg, more like 23. We'll find out tomorrow.

He offered me $3000 below invoice and I haven't even worked on him yet, so I think it's a pretty good deal. I LOVE this truck. I think I'll buy it on Tuesday when my test drive is up. But, I have it till then.

Unfortunately, I plan to sell the IDI.... No reason to have two of the same. I think I will keep the 82 for something to tear up.

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
Nice, I debated a Dmax truck, trouble is I don't do payments, although I'll probably have $12,000+ in my '85 F350 when I'm done cookoo

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score

That's quite a truck. I know my Dodge won't be doing only 1700 RPM at highway speeds... the new six speed works 'em pretty well. But the price on the Dodge was more like $34k after tax vs what the Chevy guys wanted... couldn't pass it up.

Anyway... enjoy it. I couldn't trade my Ford for a Chevy--the Dodge had the most familiar ride and the Chevy was too squishy.

I can't swonk you, as I gave up my swonk privileges when I ordered my Ram. But a CHEVY?!?!?!?! Come on!!!

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
Mikes91 said:
I can't swonk you, as I gave up my swonk privileges when I ordered my Ram. But a CHEVY?!?!?!?! Come on!!!

Yeah...shoulds gotten a GMC! cookoo LOL

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
Mikes91 said:
Anyway... enjoy it. I couldn't trade my Ford for a Chevy--the Dodge had the most familiar ride and the Chevy was too squishy.

It took me a minute...but, that familiarity is because dodge likes to stay behind the times a bit on everything except the diesel engine :rolleyes: LOL

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
NapaBavarian said:
It took me a minute...but, that familiarity is because dodge likes to stay behind the times a bit on everything except the diesel engine :rolleyes: LOL

Yea,Like the return of the Bicycle Fenders on the new duallys?Why are the big three trying to put themselves out of business?Dodge finally get a real crew cab(Ok,they missed the mark,Little LARGER than a crew cab) but shortened the bed,Ford has that damn sick point slow,Chevy.....well,they just look like the southbound end of a north bound mule.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
No swonk here, if I could afford one, I would have one too!!! I have a buddy that has two (one for him, one for wife) and they have had them for a few years, no problems. Both pull well, both ride nice and I personally think they are a very good looking truck, I like them much better than the Dodge and Ford in appearance as well, but then I am a Chevy man at heart, always will be.

82fordtruck

Reaction score
NapaBavarian said:
Yeah...shoulds gotten a GMC! cookoo LOL

It is a GMC. I didn't like the front ends on the new chevy's. This thing does ride about the same as my old 2wd, and it's a 4wd. I don't find it squishy at all.

Gm did some really interesting things on this that I have never seen before, and it addressed a lot of the problems I had on the old truck. I have been very impressed. It has steel under the fiberglass dually fender, so that rocks can't put dings in the top of it. It has a fuel return line cooler on it, and a seperate water filter/primary filter and a secondary fuel filter. The engine is very refined, there is very little vibration or noise, which is what I wanted. It is very powerful, but very driveable. The 4wd is not as heavy duty as the dana 60, but it seems to be a better arrangement with the IFS than the TTB axle. I personally didn't buy it to go mudding, so this was just fine with me. The allison is incredible. It shifts fairly hard empty, not in tow/haul mode. I like that too. The frame is pretty stout looking, taller than ours but the steel is a little thinner. The fit and finish on the interior is pretty good, and it's a blast to drive.

Ceejmo

Smoke a Ricer today
Reaction score
On this site there are about:
450 threads about Dodge Diesels
3,000 threads about Ford Diesels
and almsot 13,000 threads about Duramax diesels.

I'm not sure what the date range of these threads are but at a glance and guessing that most threads are asking how to fix something I would buy a Dodge.

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
82fordtruck said:
It is a GMC. I didn't like the front ends on the new chevy's. This thing does ride about the same as my old 2wd, and it's a 4wd. I don't find it squishy at all.

Was refering to mikes91 comment in a friendly sarcastic comment :D

Agreed, as said, chebbie front end :puke: GMC front :love:

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with being behind the times. Old stuff is generally better, in my experience.

As far as trucks and whiskey go, that is... Sometimes with women, but I'm a married feller now... LOL

rubberfish

Reaction score
NapaBavarian said:
chebbie front end :puke: GMC front :love:
:D Agreed :thumbsup:
Mine before the conversion, when I first bought it.
You'll love the ride.

Attachments

• sunp_0001-1.jpg
    sunp_0001-1.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 9

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin