It won't fit. I can't use it. It's on ebay.

spencnaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who says you have to mount the turbo at the back of the engine?

84TD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who says you have to mount the turbo at the back of the engine?

Thats what I was thinking, I helped put on a turbo kit on a Fox body mustang and it used basicly backwards shorty headers and some pipe to make it work, We relocated the battery to the trunk and the turbo sat there, it was a nice setup, had to go to electric fan to for clearance. If you can fit one in a tight fox body I know you could put one in there, I had a 78 Bronco and I put a 460 in it and I could still sit on the inner fender wells and change the spark plugs ;Sweet

IDIeselman

Reaction score
Not that it couldn't be done. I just don't feel like doing it and I'm a little particular of what it will look and function like when it's finished. I thought long and hard about it to the point of making some hedder flanges to come up and mount the turbo over/alongside the pass valve cover but I just don't want to have my truck down for that long again so I'll stay NA for awhile.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
:love: :love: :love:

probably shoot out of my range being that pretty

spencnaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Although, you have to admit have a huge 'snail' right there in front of you when you open up the hood would have a definite 'wow' factor.

You'd get to see the turbo rather than having it socked in back by the firewall.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
You could mount it underneath the cab too. Do a web search on remote mounted turbos, pretty interesting way to go, all the parts hidden, and the extra pipe acts like an intercooler.

---------Robert

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
You could mount it underneath the cab too. Do a web search on remote mounted turbos, pretty interesting way to go, all the parts hidden, and the extra pipe acts like an intercooler.

---------Robert

This is my eventual plan. Gain power and gain some room under my... doghouse.

IDIeselman

Reaction score
:thumbsup: Now that's what I need! I wonder how it tows? I called paxton today about the novi2000 super charger. $5,000 just for the charger unit:eek: I too will be IDI till I die at that rate.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
IDIeselman said:
:thumbsup: Now that's what I need! I wonder how it tows? I called paxton today about the novi2000 super charger. $5,000 just for the charger unit:eek: I too will be IDI till I die at that rate.

:eek: Wouldn't be long once momma found out the sticker price.

How's about twins? Now that would look purdy impressive.:thumbsup:

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
You could mount it underneath the cab too. Do a web search on remote mounted turbos, pretty interesting way to go, all the parts hidden, and the extra pipe acts like an intercooler.---------Robert
Yeah, I've seen pictures, diagrams, & instructions of all kind of ways to mount & install turbos in tight places....nearly to point of plumb from front engine compartment to back bumper & then back to front & engine.
IIRC some re-calibrations or something may need to be looked at if the tubing is of any distance....
I guess anything can be overcome when 'ya have too.....
I wanted to sit the wifey's washer & dryer in the yard....but NO! She wanted it inside like the neighbors! Showed me where to cut the hole thru the wall for dryer duct....& I did it!!!:angel: :angel:

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
Remote mount involves using the correct turbo. All the plumbing eats up most of the effeciency of the typical smaller turbo's used for our app.

Course, then you could prolly use a big ole BB T60. Which won't fit on top of our motors, without some body work by BFH. Run 30 lbs thru an IC, and still have 20psi @ the intake.