it died after 29 years

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
why? it lasted 29 years ;)
Another thing to keep in mind is the materials used and how much better stuff was made that long ago, versus nowadays.

I seem to recall quite a few people getting oem mechanical pumps that are bad/have defects right out of the box.

But then again, everybody here will say the mr gasket electric pumps are crap and don't last a month, I've had the gas model one for about 4-5 years, used for gas and diesel switching back and forth, put in several different vehicles, and it's still going strong.

So you'll get multiple opinions and experiences from different people, I tend to go against the grain and try something for myself, just to confirm or deny what's being said. (Of course that excludes anything seen in the hall of shame)

Grass Hauler

Reaction score
Is there an article on this? For frame rail pump? Parts?

This is cool...
http://www.oilburners.net/forums/sh...pump-with-a-Facet-Duralift-electric-fuel-pump

But being a nutty VW guy, I like the frame mounted stuff.. :)

No, but i could put some information together and maybe a few pics if your interested. The reason I went this way (push pump) was for cost reasons, roughly half of the under hood Carrier version, which I wanted to do but wanted to save a few bucks. I dont mind experimenting with slight alterations to know good ideas. Facet pumps have been mentioned a lot on this forum and are proven to be good. Mine has been great so far, sure makes fuel filter changes a breeze.

sassyrel

Reaction score
One thing to remember to reinforce the comment above: the Facet/Carrier electric pumps are used on ****** trailers. They have to be dependable, otherwise frozen transport stuff doesn't stay frozen, and you won't get your fries at McDonald's :eek:

now that right thar..is a NATIONAL EMERGENCY!!!!!!!! :rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao along that line,,i stopped today,,to get my ice cream cone,,and their @#$^$#@ machine was broke!!!!!!! dang!!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828