Isspro TTM in cold weather?

jvencius

Reaction score
If anyone here has an Isspro TTM and lives in an area where it gets cold (real cold, not "it's 50 and I'm freezing" Florida cold... LOL ) when you installed the TTM, did you put in a kill switch? I've got an inquiry out to a fellow from TDS selling a new, never-installed TTM but I'm worried that, when it gets chilly, the automatic high-idle and the TTM will start conflicting with each other. I figure that for the times when I do want to shut the engine down, I could hit the kill switch and manually turn the engine off but in warmer weather when I do want the TTM to work, I could turn off the kill switch and let the TTM do its job. Any thoughts on this...? :confused:

Big Red CC Dually

Reaction score
jvencius said:
If anyone here has an Isspro TTM and lives in an area where it gets cold (real cold, not "it's 50 and I'm freezing" Florida cold... LOL ) when you installed the TTM, did you put in a kill switch? I've got an inquiry out to a fellow from TDS selling a new, never-installed TTM but I'm worried that, when it gets chilly, the automatic high-idle and the TTM will start conflicting with each other. I figure that for the times when I do want to shut the engine down, I could hit the kill switch and manually turn the engine off but in warmer weather when I do want the TTM to work, I could turn off the kill switch and let the TTM do its job. Any thoughts on this...? :confused:

The turbo could potentially be hot in cold weather too....no help on the switch but why the TTM if you aren't going to use it? If the temp you are monitoring is cool enough the engine will shut down right away, if not it'll run until it is.