is this a good price

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Yes... Thats a great price for all the upgrades but... The seller has only 28 sells and the feedback is 100% for that... So how good this really is will depend on how you feel about buying from a new builder.. Believeing whats written is also another issue of trust. This does sound alot like what BTS did to my trans. I have the triple disc converter... The upgraded 6 gear pinnion which I think is really the sun planetary gear drives... The adding more frictions to each forward gear is another good idea... Buy it and be a tester for others....;Sweet

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
from what i can tell its a 3yr/100,000 mile warranty on parts and labor.

Yes buy how much time do they give to r&r the trans.Alot of companys only pay enough to pull it out, and not enough to put it back in. Or they only pay $25 an hour!:rotflmao And do you have to pay the shipping back to them when it breaks?

jtate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes buy how much time do they give to r&r the trans.Alot of companys only pay enough to pull it out, and not enough to put it back in. Or they only pay $25 an hour!:rotflmao And do you have to pay the shipping back to them when it breaks?

believe me i plan on calling and getting quite a bit of info. i dont take getting screw too well and dont mind taking a road trip ether.

jtate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well talked with the guy who sells the trans and it definatly has a 3yr/100,000 mile warranty. there is no core charge and shipping is free. they rebuild all types of transmissions and sell all year models of e4od. theres other things thats not mentioned in the listing that they put into the trans like spiral snapring on the od and kits in the valve body. sounds like a good deal but never know. just dont know if i would want to be the OB's lab rat to find out lol. just wish i knew of others from this or other sites who purchased there trans.

Fozz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that's a great price. Especially with free shipping and no core exchange. When I needed a tranny, the Ford reman was the best deal out there, about the same $$ if you have connections and it has the recent upgrades in it.

jtate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that's a great price. Especially with free shipping and no core exchange. When I needed a tranny, the Ford reman was the best deal out there, about the same $$ if you have connections and it has the recent upgrades in it.

does the ford trans come with a billet triple clutch converter?

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
well talked with the guy who sells the trans and it definatly has a 3yr/100,000 mile warranty. there is no core charge and shipping is free. they rebuild all types of transmissions and sell all year models of e4od. theres other things thats not mentioned in the listing that they put into the trans like spiral snapring on the od and kits in the valve body. sounds like a good deal but never know. just dont know if i would want to be the OB's lab rat to find out lol. just wish i knew of others from this or other sites who purchased there trans.

The spiral lock snap ring corrects the Ford snap ring that fall out of place. On the E4 not much happens when this ring fails. On the 4R it can be a death blow when this ring falls out.

It sounds like they covered the problems with the E4.

jtate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
last night i did a little investigating and found out that the transmissions are coming out of kissimmee florida. im planning on calling the guy back and finding out if they are individuals selling rebuilt transmissions or if they are a transmission shop and whats the name of the shop. i would rather buy a good rebuild with all the e4od problems worked out with a warranty then take it out and rebuild it my self and it cost me more in rebuild parts than they want for the trans. plus kissimmee fl is in driving distance from me if need be lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seven4eight

Members online