Is this a good deal?

jperecko

Diesel Ape
Reaction score
Bring 2 fresh batteries and if it fires up and sounds healthy- should be a good deal for the engine and body at least.

Not sure on the tranny... I'll let others chime in on that.

Obviously check the FAQ for questions regarding common things to check with a new IDI.

Silver Burner

Burnin' Oil&Rubber
Reaction score
It's loaded up with all power options and cruise. Has a stack of gauges, but they don't list the mileage. I would at least go over there and take some jumper cables with you. See if you can fire it up and run it off your other rig's alt. If it runs, buy it. Then put a dana 60 under the front and have yourself a superbeast!

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that's a "ray charles" deal. don't care what it looks like, it's sold on the price alone.
for that price, I'm there with a towtruck and cash in hand. The turbo is worth the purchase price.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Heck Yea, GO BUY THAT THING!

Even if there is an issue with the trans it is a C6 and will only be about $500.00 max to rebuild it. But chances are it is a prob with the VRV.

GREAT DEAL!

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
I'm having a similar issue with a guy that has a Mustang for sale on CL. Trying to set up a friend of mine with a mustang project and the guy never calls me back.

dave186

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found a deal like that and couldnt make it happen either. guy had a 93 f350 4x4, told me it was a powerstroke but it was an IDI. said it was missing the starter but had a rebuilt engine and a flatbed for $700. All I wanted was the front axle so I hooked up to the trailer and had cash in my pocket. Got to his house and he said it was sold already!

plywood

Recovered N/A
Reaction score
If he does call he'll say " I was out of town and so busy and da da BS."-Playme or " I had another guy interested and da da BS"-Playme and then you go look and it turns out it's the biggest turdbucket and you'll see it for weeks re-posted, especially if you drive 40 miles to look at it.:backoff;Pissed

rckslash2010

Reaction score
Like towcat said, just the turbo is worth that. I look at it this way. If you look at the speedometer, brand new there $350, factory tack's are $180. Things can add up fast. I know that you can buy a whole cluster on ebay for $30 but I was just giving some examples. More then likely it would have a dana 60 front end in it, so there you go.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726