Is there a factory gasket on the manifolds?

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
I got a new bolt, to replace the missing one on my exhaust manifold yesterday. I put it in, but still have the tick-tick-tick of an exhaust leak. When I looked at it from above today, there's a gap between the head and manifold. There looks to be a metal gasket that is on the other three, but missing from the top of #7.

Did International put gaskets on the 7.3? If so, I'll have to replace this one.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Soak the nuts several times with any good rust penetrant, WD40 isn't that good, would be the last I would use. Let it set overnite if able too. Try tightening 1st, even a half a hex helps. When you torque a nut/bolt tiny (microscopic) little fingers form, by tightening 1st it breaks them. Just go at it slow so you don't twist a bolt off. 3/8" bolts should be torqued to 30-35 ft. lbs., if you have a torque wrench, it should take about 45 ft. lbs. < > to break them loose.

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
It only took me almost a month, but I got it replaced today! The truck sounds MUCH better now!

Now on to the other things it needs.... Front axle seals, steering tightened up, hydroboost, replace front DS rotor.... The list goes on!

zpd307

Reaction score
i here you, on the never ending list..... have you found a early 99 intake spider yet. i found one for sale, trying to get a price on it. i am waiting on some new upper boots for the intercooler pipes from diesel site, then you will have all for boots and clamps... ;Sweet

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
have you found a early 99 intake spider yet. i found one for sale, trying to get a price on it. i am waiting on some new upper boots for the intercooler pipes from diesel site, then you will have all for boots and clamps... ;Sweet

No spider found yet....

Sweet deal on the boots!!!;Sweet

zpd307

Reaction score
i havent looked, so i dont know what the going rate for them is....... but the original guy told me that he isnt going to part anything out. he was selling a beans d66 turbo, up pipes, and spider. but another member pm'd me with a price for his, $150.00 which comes with the intake plenums. :dunno dont know if thats a good price or not.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726