Is the blend door a "dealer only" item?

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys..

Well I thought I had a blend door actuator issue... so I removed the actuator to find that the blend door itself seems to be broken/damaged.

I haven't pulled the box yet to see what I'm dealing with... but where am I going to find a new blend door if it is broken?

From my understanding, it's a semi-common issue... but haven't been able to locate a replacement.

Thanks.

mblaney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been a while but I think I fixed mine with some JB weld and a screw tapped into the broken stud. I found that the bottom pivot fills with crap and gets tight... probably the cause of the breakage.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I too suggest the wrecking yards for this part. good idea is go to the yard before you take yours apart. That way you get to "practice" and learn how. Its not likely if this part is laying in the bed of a truck will go missing cause someone else "needed it"...

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Problem is our local yards have pretty well crushed everything this old already. I know my buddies '93 has the same box... does anyone know the year change for the heater box?

Pretty well anything earlier then late '90s is gone in our local yards.

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our junk yards have stuff as old as 70's in just the average yard, we even have a junkyard that specializes in old cars and trucks like 60's and below