IP time

Willie Two

Retired Firefighter
Reaction score
Hi to all, it looks like it is getting close to the time to change my injection pump. Needed a new one last year but did not drive much during the winter so I left it alone. Did a recent trip down south, added 2 cycle oil to every tank full but as of today I changed my fuel filter ( gonna cut it open ) and with fuel going into the IP I have nothing coming out at the injectors. I can make it start if I disconnect the fuel solinoid connection of the IP , crank it a few turns and then reconnect and crank and away it starts. Fuel pump pressure appears to be good based on a permanently mounted gauge under the hood for the last few years. Anyway, I have pages and pages of past comments and suggestions regarding the new pump but I just thought I would chime in to see if any new advice could be had before I order my new pump from a yet to be decided supplier. THANKS to all who reply.

Oh yes, is there a cleanable / replaceable filter at the inlet of the IP and maybe I should consider replacing it first ???? Thanks again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online