ip swap

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
now its known the idit ip is better so i was thinking when i do the cam how much would it need to also add the spare ip i have laying around and what would it take to make sure the ip is in good shape still since it was sitting for a bit? thanks

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dont got money
plus dyoung likes his 2300 psi from russ and im thinking ill go with that
this motor is going to be a heavily modded motor in a year or two so i dont wanna flood it with fuel so mooses are outta question
the turbo pump will flow plenty of fuel for now till i make sure the hx35 wont overboost

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
dont got money
plus dyoung likes his 2300 psi from russ and im thinking ill go with that
this motor is going to be a heavily modded motor in a year or two so i dont wanna flood it with fuel so mooses are outta question
the turbo pump will flow plenty of fuel for now till i make sure the hx35 wont overboost

the turbo pump will probly do a much better job keeping up with the injectors set at that pop pressure than my non turbo pump, no that being said, i would run an electric pump if i were you, also you will have to play with your timing after installing those higher pop pressure injectors, you want a good amount of psd rattle, i love the way mine sounds and performs and the awesome fuel milege:sly it kinda has a new diesel rattle its more crisp and nice and even sounding

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine got killer rattle really has that diesel sound aka i hear pieces falling hows it still running
but yes i plan to play with timing a lot here im going to just move the timing up little by little till i hit a good spot before the cam then put back to where itis now and again little by little till its bout the best it can be but the thing is you have 2 variables fuel screw and timing of the pump so idk how much time il have i want that cam in now

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
mine got killer rattle really has that diesel sound aka i hear pieces falling hows it still running
but yes i plan to play with timing a lot here im going to just move the timing up little by little till i hit a good spot before the cam then put back to where itis now and again little by little till its bout the best it can be but the thing is you have 2 variables fuel screw and timing of the pump so idk how much time il have i want all ist cam in now

i will tell you how i did mine, i advanced it till it sounds kinda similar to a psd, then i adjusted the arm on the side of the ip so it didnt start retarding the timing till around 2500 rpm give or take, at low rpm it sounds pretty much like a psd then the psd rattle dissapears when i go over half throttle and the idi sound comes back but the power is awesome that comes with it, now my reason for adjusting the advance arm is because in stock adjustment it would miss abouve 3000 because the timing was retarding to much, by adjusting the arm it doesnt retard the timing as bad, only down fall is it kills a little low end power and the engine is louder

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
louder im straight pipe dumping a foot behind the cab till i put on the turbo so ya loud is fine
the arm is the little one that sits vertical on the side correct?
you know what that arm does?

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
louder im straight pipe dumping a foot behind the cab till i put on the turbo so ya loud is fine
the arm is the little one that sits vertical on the side correct?
you know what that arm does?

that arm retards the timing,

And loud whats that? maybe thats my single 6inch stack with no muffler:D