Intro and possible truck purchase

jtberg

Reaction score
I just registered yesterday. The only diesel I currently own is a Ford, but it's in a 1978 Ford 420 tractor loader backhoe. Lol. I have been looking for truck for quite awhile and I found a possibility yesterday. It's a 1985 F350 regular cab with a new flat bed and 6 new tires and tool boxes mounted under bed. The owner told me it had 49,*** original miles which I doubted until I drove it. Drives better than my 01 explorer or the the wife's 03 explorer. Body, paint, and interior is in near perfect shape and since the truck has lived in Tennessee it's whole life there is zero rust, also no fluid leaks. The guy said bottom dollar is 4k. Here's the kicker it's a 460 gas burner, 4 speed manual. The engine just had new head gaskets and manifold gaskets. Heads had to be pulled for broke exhaust manifold bolt to be removed by machine shop. All work was done by local Ford dealership except for machine work on heads. Is it worth the money. I would like to one day do an idi swap if I purchase. What would that run me?
Thanks for any input. I love all the good info I have read here so far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin