Interesting things happening

Guntherx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:eek:I know its been some time since I posted, but I have had some wierd issues you guys may find interesting. Last year I towed a frame down to FL for a guy and a slight vivration started when i was first taking off. It would go away as speed increased. As time went by the vibration woudl come and go. I thought somhow it must be a tire separating or a belt slipping so I had them pulled off and did road tests and balance. I did find them way out of balance. Better but still there.
Finally one day it jeust became undrivable. I stopped at Mr. Tire and teh yroad in it and coulsn't believe how bad it was and were sure it was a tire as well. We jacked it up and looked under to find an amazing sight. the shaft at the 2 speed trans was wobbling. A closer look showed the bolt came out of the yoke and fell down into the universal cage. It then became bound in the opening of the joint without falling through.
I dropped the shaft. Put a new bolt in with blue Loctite and all is well again. It appears the old lock washer failed as it was completley flat.

A couple of weeks ago I was towing the horses to a rodeo up 94 and went to hit my brakes on teh other side of Cross Keys. Whoa!!!!!! :eek: The brakes went almost to the floor. It did this for a fewe miles and then it was ok. Going home no problem. Next day same thing different spot. I pumped at tehm and they came back. It does have a rebuilt Master which is about 1-2 years old. Haven't had teh problem since. Any ideas?:dunno

sassyrel

Reaction score
ya--vacuum pump going south??? and just because you have a new master--means nothing--have done tons of brake jobs--new even dont mean good---

hahn_rossman

Hahn Rossman
Reaction score
It's not the vacuum pump. If you lose vacuum the pedal becomes rock hard and the truck won't stop with out real pressure on the pedal!
I'd inspect all the soft lines, and adjust the rear brakes. It may very well be a bad rebuilt master. Good luck.

tknomaj

Reaction score
bad master! why rebuilt? I did not know they even existed anymore not legal on left coast

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
It's not the vacuum pump. If you lose vacuum the pedal becomes rock hard and the truck won't stop with out real pressure on the pedal!
I'd inspect all the soft lines, and adjust the rear brakes. It may very well be a bad rebuilt master. Good luck.

id agree with that ;Sweet

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online