Interesting CL rig

Chevyboy_0

Mr.SunnyDisposition
Reaction score
Never heard of that before? I like that extended cab add on, and if it really is 1 of 500 then why wouldn't he ask for more money?

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wait, is he saying that it came form FACTORY with an allison transmission????

Since it has a banks turbo, it could have also been an allison swap. Can some one remind me the particulars for this era of allison tranny? Is it open torque converter? 3 speed? 4 speed? 5 speed? overdrive? Computer shifted?

I can never keep them strait.

85hauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That used to be my truck!! I sold it a few years ago. It's the 85 hauler in my sig. It is a Schwalbe Dakota II conversion. It had a t-19 4 speed in it when I sold it. I've only ever seen 2 more trucks like it , I don't know where he got "only 500 made" from. I don't think the same guy I sold it too still owns it. I heard that the guy I sold it to blew up the 7.3 shortly after he got it.

Man I put ALOT of miles on that truck over the years. At the price he's asking it's tempting to buy it back.

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
That used to be my truck!! I sold it a few years ago. It's the 85 hauler in my sig. It is a Schwalbe Dakota II conversion. It had a t-19 4 speed in it when I sold it. I've only ever seen 2 more trucks like it , I don't know where he got "only 500 made" from. I don't think the same guy I sold it too still owns it. I heard that the guy I sold it to blew up the 7.3 shortly after he got it.

Man I put ALOT of miles on that truck over the years. At the price he's asking it's tempting to buy it back.

If it were closer I'd go check it out. I'm just not that fond of driving to Winnemucca, or almost. Cool rig though.

85hauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it were closer I'd go check it out. I'm just not that fond of driving to Winnemucca, or almost. Cool rig though.

I can tell you that where the sleeper joins to the roof of the cab has always been a trouble area. When the truck was first built it had a vinyl top probably because schwalbe knew that the filler at that seam would crack. The frame stretch was very well done and never gave me any indication of problems. The rear end was rebuilt in '06. It had alot of new parts the year I sold it but who knows what has been done or how much driving it has had in the last few years. It always road nice the long frame makes for a smooth ride.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Cool RIg, Lots of potential there, and the price is right, Most of the Centurion rigs like that are $4,000 and up. I actually like that better than the Centurions!

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ me too.

Although there is a honey of a cruiser here for sale, 460, non catalyst truck, which is weird as its an 84, for 12,500... this rig is a skoshe off showroom....

Had he bought new knobbies, and pedal covers, motor stickers.. it would be showroom...