Interested in about a 2" lift on my F350 4x4

Greg Pettit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will lift blocks and u-bolts do the job OK?

I don't want to spend the $$$ or time on a shackle reversal or a new set of springs.

Thanks for any info,

Greg

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
cant put blocks on the front.
what I did was add 1 leave, very important to make it long enough to hit under the spring wrap at the bolts, cut it short and you will get bounce.
also new bushings and front shackles will add, I got almost 2.5' on my 96 this way.
as for the rear 1 add a leave there will get about 2".

Greg Pettit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I guess I'll be looking for some add-a-leafs.

These trucks are getting hard to find lift parts for, it looks like, so I may end up going with a spring shop locally here.

Gotta get some good seats in this truck first, and a tailgate....then I'l work on the lift.

Greg

Greg Pettit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was out working on the truck today, and got to looking at the front suspension. I can't figure out for the life of me why lift blocks wouldn't work for a 2" lift.

There must be some problem, though, so can anyone tell me what it is?

Thanks,

Greg

LA350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spring shops are a good alternative. They can provide you a custom spring pack that, in most cases, will not be like riding a buckboard. Many time they can utilize you existing springs so the cost is minimal. Spring lifts are always the better alternitive, not the cheapest but will give a better ride.

cgraham

Reaction score
I was out working on the truck today, and got to looking at the front suspension. I can't figure out for the life of me why lift blocks wouldn't work for a 2" lift.

There must be some problem, though, so can anyone tell me what it is?

Too much leverage when you slam on the brakes. There is much more force on the front of the truck when hitting the brakes than on the rear, and when adding a block it elevates the leverage point on the front axle. This can cause the front axle to roll under and spit the block right out the front, then your front end will be dangling loosely under your truck as you slam into oncoming traffic.:eek: So DON'T DO IT!:backoff

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alleycat

Members online