intercooler

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I put off adding my intercooler (6.0) for several years because I was worried that my non gated turbo would have more lag.
The boost gauge does show a little more lag than before, but if you didnt look at the boost gauge you would swear it improved turbo spool time.

Dont worry about the numbers, it will add power to your truck.
Pulling a load, in OD and 2100 or so I run 5-6psi and 800-900deg. Wot with same load, speed and rpm, I get 10psi and 1100 deg.

What non gated turbo do you have???

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Thanks for the crxracing site name. Thats the one I couldn't recall. Mel has been really happy with his. It fit well on his wide radiater too. He had some great pics of how this all came together too. Don't know if he was able to save them when the pic web site went by by last year... That pissed off plenty of members here too...

Last edited:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
go to ebay and type in Intercoolers. Their are three sellers within 5 to 10 miles of me that sell something that will work for us. We will still need a hat but Rus can make those for ya. My hypermax intercooler hasthe 2 1/4 pipes in and out plus the cooling part demension is 28x12.5x2.5 thick. Now thats the actual cooler size without the end tanks included in that.

fordf350man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive been to the flat rock parts galore they dont really have much for idi's but i also didnt go into the heavy truck section ether.

all the diesel trucks are in the heavy truck section, i was looking in the normal yard as well, when i went into heavy truck there was all kinds of idi's out there

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Looks like I could put together an IC for a few hundred dollars, I might have to play with this come spring time.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Nope.. Can't post pics because the intercooler is still sitting in the shop... I'm so lazy it sickens me...:Q:(

gingrass179

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I currently have a 6.0 innercooler in my truck and am now canning that idea and going with a water/air cooler off a 6.4. zero pressure drop and even cooler air in the right setup. Fits right above driver valve cover pics coming soon..and any cooler is better than none

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
I have a 2nd Gen cummins cooler. But I think I may get a 6.0 because its not a Dodge part. LOL

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope.. Can't post pics because the intercooler is still sitting in the shop... I'm so lazy it sickens me...:Q:(

motivation speech time!

get out there and get cracking Gary.you've put this off now for far too long.
i expect to see it all mounted this weekend and you've got until the following weekend to have it all plumbed!
if it's not all all intercooled in 2 weeks max (you've got 2-3 max grace period) you have to sell the intercooler and all associated parts! no if and or buts about it!

time starts March 2 and your deadline to post completely finished intercooled engine bay is March 17!!!
you can hold off listing the intercooler and parts on ebay or the market place by the 19th BUT only if you have good reasons,aka -waiting for parts in the mail etc.
get cracking! let's get 'er done!:backoff

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger