Intake

Wvdirtroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a part number for the mesh cover that goes over the intake manifold opening? The truck didn't come with one when I bought it and id like to put one back on it for piece of mind.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Don't you'll find anywhere selling them.
Someone here may have one though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Wvdirtroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was kind of figuring that would be the case. Seems to be the usual answer when I stop by parts stores. Haha!

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got one from ford 2yrs ago....
brb
I don't have the pn in the file I'll look in the parts box tomorrow.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Why are you wanting to install this screen? If you have a turbo it can catch the big pieces when the turbo fan breaks up but enough gets thru to still ruin out engines. I personally have never found a "good" reason for this screen. Anyone got an idea why we have this screen???:dunno

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this screen, IMO is nothing more that an IDIot barrier.
to prevent knuckle heads from dropping bolts and such down the intake.
its not a fine mesh, so it cannot be considered a filter,
and i would think, that on a turbo app, if you lost a blade on a compressor wheel, and it made to the intake inlet, it would blast right through the screen.

another reason to have it is that it serves as an air cleaner thread adapter. i think.

Wvdirtroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Biggest reason I want it is the self locating shaft in the middle. Some days I get the filter right on with it, other days I stand there for 10 minutes wondering why the hell I can't get it on. Haha

Wvdirtroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If only I had the money! Depending on how well the truck runs with Russ's rebuilt injection pump and new injectors, I may move to a turbo/ upgraded injection pump down the road.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
This screen does not have the bolt built into it for the filter housing. the bolt nut is a sperate piece and you can run without the screen by just using the nut and no screen.