Installing boost gauge on 6.9?

Farmall Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys looking for some insight and knowledge on how to install a boost gauge on a 6.9? Do they come with instructions? Ive never installed one of those before so I am not real sure what I'm in for...:dunno
Thanks!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who's gauge did you buy? It's usually a simple matter of fitting a plastic tube for air pressure to be sensed through onto your intake hat, and mounting the gauge and connecting the wiring for gauge illumination. Some higher end gauges are electronic, and will require additional wiring and possibly an electronic sensor in place of the plastic tube.

Farmall Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at glowshift...is there already a port to connect the tube? Or will I have to do some tapping?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk now Free

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should be some place on your intake hat for hookup of the 1/8" line and fittings. Otherwise, you'll have to make provisions but thats where it needs to go.

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just recently spent 245 bucks for the large replacement combo boost/egt gauge from Hypermax and the dang thing already crapped out. Gotta send it back for a new one.
I too have heard that Glowshift was junk.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why not lift the hood and look closely at the intake horn where the turbo feeds into the intake and look for a small brass plug. If it's there that's where you will be installing the fitting for the boost gauge, as for wiring and installation it's pretty basic stuff to wire in a light and mount a gauge.

Where are you thinking of mounting it?

Try Isspro or Autometer or Stewart Warner or VDO gauges....

JM2CW

Moosebob

Reaction score
Should be some place on your intake hat for hookup of the 1/8" line and fittings. Otherwise, you'll have to make provisions but that's where it needs to go.

I know my 7.3 has a 1/8 plug somewhere on the intake system, that's where i'd put it too.