Injector knock, but no smoke?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Me too. Sometimes that is caused by dirt entry after testing.

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
I am heading out now to crack the lines, if I dont get any results than I will have to wait until next weekend to play musical injectors. I still have my old ones so I can swap one of them around.

HankHill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not done mine yet sysco, I got the crescent wrench today and was about to try it but thought what if I mess up the return line tee and then it starts sucking air, maybe I'll work up the courage to try it tomorrow haha

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
I cracked the lines, but didn't get any real results. I did try swapping out a few, swapped out 5 before I ran out of patience and light. So far all I have accomplished is to make my o-rings leak.

Full Monte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it's your injectors leaking, the loud knock is coming because the piston is trying to compress a liquid fuel rather than a gas fuel/air mixture. Since a liquid is not compressible, it's like the piston is hitting the cylinder head when it comes to the top of its stroke. The danger is that you can damage something. It's a serious condition, so fix it...don't mess with driving it around. Sometimes a glow plug tip can come off and rattle around in a cylinder, also producing a loud knock.

HankHill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey guys I found my problem injector, its on the driverside block and the 3rd one back from the front of the motor, I'm just going to buy one bb injector to replace it I cannot afford all 8, will I need a return line kit?? I've never pulled injectors on this truck I just pull off the line nut, pop off the return Tee and then get a wrench on the old socket and it pops out?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin