injector copper washer stuck in bore

Baytonia

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did switch that wire last week. But now I still have no power. If no power to both IP and GP then I think I need to start back at the circuit coming from the ign switch. Does this sound right ?

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Yes. The switch (box down on the coulumn, not the key part) could be bad.
A fusible link could've burned out also.

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk

Baytonia

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ignition switch circuit

Ha Guys,

I have been trying to trace where my open circuit is to power the IP, GP's and wait light. I do not have a good schematic to reference. The attached pic shows the wiring harness coming out the ign switch, can someone tell me which wire is the one that carries the voltage to the controller and the IP? Also where is the location of the circuit coming out the firewall? If I have that knowledge I think I can find the short or the break in the circuit.

Attachments

• Ignition switch wires 6.9 idi.jpg
    Ignition switch wires 6.9 idi.jpg
    509.9 KB · Views: 58

bbjordan

Snow Monkey
Reaction score
Baytonia, it would help if you put the particulars of your truck in your signature. If the year of your truck is known, there is a good chance someone could post the wiring schematic for it. If I recall correctly from previous posts, it is a 1983 F-250 that you swapped a 7.3 into correct?

Baytonia

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Come on Guys I know some one has a 86 F250 that can post the circuits that go from the ignition switch to the IP and GP's. I have no power to the Pump and plugs, so I want to start at the switch and trace the circuit to find out where the break is. Just cant get my hands on a schematic.

bbjordan

Snow Monkey
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• 86 F250 Diesel Pt 5.JPG
    86 F250 Diesel Pt 5.JPG
    298 KB · Views: 13
  • 86 F250 Diesel Pt 4.JPG
    86 F250 Diesel Pt 4.JPG
    275.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 86 F250 Diesel Pt 3.JPG
    86 F250 Diesel Pt 3.JPG
    197.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 86 F250 Diesel Pt 2.JPG
    86 F250 Diesel Pt 2.JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 86 F250 Diesel Pt 1.JPG
    86 F250 Diesel Pt 1.JPG
    269.4 KB · Views: 9

Baytonia

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have looked at several wiring diagrams and this is the first one that shows the ign switch circuit running through the clutch safety switch. It does make sense, and that may be where the problem is. I do know my 83 does not need the clutch depressed to crank. I will check the 86 tomorrow, it would be great if the clutch switch is bad or out of adjustment we will see, with my luck it would be too easy a fix.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No bashing intended. But when going from one problem to another, ( ie: copper washer to electrical) you should start another thread on the electrical. Just for future posting, you might get a lot more responces.

Always put your truck info in your signature.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Thanks Bill. I was having trouble following this thread too because it "seemed" to change mid stream.

Baytonia

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I did change the topic, I tried to keep it clear when I changed it, didn't know we could only talk one topic per thread. I'm glad some were able to follow and provide the help I needed.

ifrythings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go back to the engine compartment and check the fusiable link just before the plug that goes to the engine (truck side) its probably taped up, its a 20ga link attached to a R/LG wire, that runs glowplug controler, fuel heater, cold adavance solenoid, high idle solenoid and FSS. you will also find this same wire at the ignition switch with a BR/PK wire attached to it. Fuel heater is probably shot and took out the link.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Its mearly a helpful suggestion when posting to stay on topic. Have another issue please start another thread. Have another issue on another truck please start another thread also. Your thinking you changed topics because you posted a different truck and a different problem in this thread is not starting another thread. We all want to help so making it easier to understand what we are talking about can really help you find the problem and the fix quicker. Nobody is bashing you or dullards not being able to follow whats going on. Some members apologize when the hack in with a question thats not on topic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JFMac

Members online