Injection pump!!

DragRag

Reaction score
He has light surface rust in his injection pump, it had water in it due to bad fuel. There is no water sperator on this truck.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is the truck running as before? If so, I say keep running the truck. If is runs poorly and has lost power, the water may have damaged the IP. More info please.;Sweet

Heath

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Any dirt or rust un the injection pump will kill it and the injectors... At this point in time you can run it till it just runs terrible. At that point replace both the injection pump and all the injectors. Install a water filter-fuel filter before you replace the pump & injectors. All the fuel lines on top of the motor should be cleaned out by bolwing air backwards thru them. This means from the injectors back to the pump head. I use brakeclean because it never leaves a film or barrier on the cleaned parts. Do not dry by blowing any air thru the cleaned lines. You have no idea if the air is clean or not. No need to dirty up a clean injection system. As for which source to buy from read up on the section... The Hall of Shame. Typ4 ... Russ sells a great injector.... Agnem.. Mell sells a great injector for the all out or stock application motor. Buying rebuilt is costing you almost the same as new for injectors. Others will post where they like and trust sellers of these parts. Some don't like Pensacola Diesel.... I use there pumps and never have really had a problem... Others couldn't get a good pump from them even after 3 trys.... Thats really sad... Customer service is the most important item for most. Every shop has a mistake from time to time. Its how they treat you when you show them their product is suspect....:sly

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online