Injection pump part # ?

rkpatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am about to purchase a rebuilt injection pump for my 1994 non-turbo F250 E4OD . I will be replace the original unit . I cannot find any numbers on it ( DB2-XXXX on it ) . The local diesel shop says either a DB2-5013 or DB2-5028 will work and they have DB2-5013 on the shelf . Is this correct ? - Thanks

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are two pumps for this year model, the turbo and the non turbo version. If I were a betting man I would say that is the reason for the two part #s. Now I don't know which number is correct, but the turbo pump has an external fuel delivery adjustment screw, I believe in the back of teh pump, and the non turbo model has this screw internally. Hopefully someone can tell you which model # that turbo pump is, cause you want the NA version.

rkpatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I wonder if I wind up with the turbo pump , what is the difference in operation ?
If it is just the location of the scrw no big deal .

There are two pumps for this year model, the turbo and the non turbo version. If I were a betting man I would say that is the reason for the two part #s. Now I don't know which number is correct, but the turbo pump has an external fuel delivery adjustment screw, I believe in the back of teh pump, and the non turbo model has this screw internally. Hopefully someone can tell you which model # that turbo pump is, cause you want the NA version.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well they allegedly deliver more fuel or deliver fuel differently, I would have a pyro before I would strap a turbo pump to a NA engine and keep the EGTs under 1150 for sustained operation. Maybe 1200 for justa blip. If you can get it at a good price it is highly desired, if you are going to get a turboa t some point.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can get any DB2 that fits any Ford IDI. The part number corrilates to the calibration setting, which is basically what the fuel rate is set to. As soon as you take off the cover and turn the allen screw, that part number is meaningless, which most of us do anyway. I run a 6.9 pump on a 7.3, and it pushes the pyro past usable limits, so lack of fuel is not an issue.

rkpatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went to the pump shop . The showed me in there catalog that the 5013 and 5028 were the the same one being the manual trans model and one being the automatic model (the thropple position sensor actuator has to be transferred over ) . I googled the DB2-5028 and found this to be the case at a couple of online vendors . Mabye the turbo model is not the DB2-5028 .