residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

blackflag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you ever decide to sell it, list it in Tennessee. I live in TN. and it would go over VERY well here. Looks great!

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
I gotta ask...how did you reach the tops of the bedrails? For that matter, the roof???? Just messin with ya man. Looks good, about time.

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
looks good! a bit of orange peel to go with the orange theme ;-) i assume thats fresh

yea very fresh. just laid it down. was a little cold when i sprayed and i didn't thin quite enough.

Its Allis Chalmer orange. It was either this or safety red. I've had 3 close calls with the truck this week. One time i locked them up hard and i couldn't see the top of the car that pulled out infront of me. Hopefully people will see me now.

Now i just need to paint a korean flag on both sides of the truck and name it the general tao.

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
I gotta ask...how did you reach the tops of the bedrails? For that matter, the roof???? Just messin with ya man. Looks good, about time.

i used my painters/drywall stilts to paint the truck. It was going great until i tripped over the hose and sprayed a nice run into the truck. Gonna wetsand it tommorow and lay down a 2nd coat. 1 1/2 quart took care of 1 coat of the truck except the tailgate. Just need to get a new tailgate and paint that too. Maybe paint the roof gloss black too.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you know.....in kali they paint over the Caltrans orange trucks in order to make them more appealing at the auctions.:dunnocookoocookoocookoocookoo:D

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Looks pretty good for a home job.

But I gotta ask, why didnt your remove anything, instead just tape it all off:confused::dunno

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking Good

I think the "General Tao" looks great ;Sweet

I know this truck would sell well in Tennessee, but keep in mind that a couple of brown trim stripes and you'd have a good Cleveland marketplace as well. It would go over well tailgating outside the Dawg Pound!

Seriously, looks good in orange.

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
Looks pretty good for a home job.

But I gotta ask, why didnt your remove anything, instead just tape it all off:confused::dunno

Because i really dont care about this truck. The factory color was green, the PO painted it blurple and never removed anything. I rattle canned it black when i bought it (actually on the drive home from buying it) because the color was horrible.

Its basically rustoleum thinned with acetone then sprayed.

RANOVRU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought Asians were yellow?:dunno

:D

Truck looks good. Gawd I want a CC...