I'm Back From The Dark...

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Its really been hell without a computer... My motherboard failed. Then the shop had issues with the replacement. Claims HP sent the wrong one and my part was back ordered.. Yeah.. Thats after giving up 150 bucks to start repairs... Seems shop sure had plenty of excuses why I was not geeting my computer as they promised. Daughter tells me my cash was used to buy or repair others and when I get mine somebody was not going to get theres.. Horrible way of doing business but its what it is.
So did I miss anything???

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wood chipper broke down and required some welding and fabrication.Was supposed to be fixed last Friday.This Friday came and went and not even a courtesy call letting me know anything.Sometimes your the bird of prey,sometimes your his droppings.:D I'll be out a whole lot more than $150 though lol.
Welcome back Gary.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
welcome back Gary.
you know you can get computer from Costco for 400 bucks right?
I never trust IT geeks, they see someone who they think isn't "IT"
and they will **** you.

My wood chipper broke down and required some welding and fabrication.Was supposed to be fixed last Friday.This Friday came and went and not even a courtesy call letting me know anything.Sometimes your the bird of prey,sometimes your his droppings.:D I'll be out a whole lot more than $150 though lol.
Welcome back Gary.

bring it over, ill do it while you wait :D

SirRea63l

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome back. I have never bought a computer for myself. I have built every one since my 286-12. The only new computer I have ever had was given to me in 1983, an Osborn that I used in college.

Building a PC is super easy, loading an operating system is super easy. Don't pay someone else to do what you can easily do yourself.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Oh I know.That's been on my mind for two weeks.If only I knew a "Brian" around here I've been telling myself lol.

I buy my PC's used on ebay.I think I payed around $150 for this desktop a few yrs ago and a couple bills for my laptop.
(both run win 7 64 bit smooth as silk.)

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Ken if I had a wood chipper I sure would have done this and while that was rendering why not the wifey too... Yeah.. I'm on my way to hell for sure...

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
welcome back Gary.
you know you can get computer from Costco for 400 bucks right?
I never trust IT geeks, they see someone who they think isn't "IT"
and they will **** you.

You sound like me! I haven't been doing computers for years and I still have friends that I've done work for calling me because they know I won't screw them!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online