Ignition Switch Issues

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Last week I noticed my ignition switch was not allowing the start sequence to engage. I had to really push the key towards the dash and even then it sometimes was not engaging the starter circuit. So I dug into this hated every moment of it. Removing all the lower dash areas. then the support bracket. finally able to see the switch. finding the nuts are NOT metric was golden too. they are 7/16 nuts. So I loosened both of them. Moved the switch up towards the steering wheel. Tested and felt it was ok but.. Not satisfied I made another move. then the accessory side of the switch would not work. so another FINAL adjustment and tested fine on every circuit of the switch. Then it started to rain... So I got a little wet finishing up this job I hate because its under the dash and that really hurts my bad back. Motrin 400 mg in and resting now....

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, pushbutton starter takes a lot of strain off. Youll be more pissed if you break the pot metal actuator deal. Cranking the key full over will do it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726