IDIs are missed

Worstenemy453

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol. I would take $10,000 for mine. Its not worth it, but its my baby, and my first diesel.

I just bought my Autometer Carbon fiber EGT/Trans temp gauges. Ill be getting oil pressure and some others when i get some more payments = )

Worstenemy453

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I should be fine, my stepdad will be helping me.

Im doing all Autometer Carbon Fiber EGT, Trans Temp, Oil Pressure, Voltometer and possibly 2 fuel levels if i can find them.

DragRag

Reaction score
hey its freakin cool man i sold my cummins and i should have gotten a ford idi but i got a durango that anit worth s@@@ cuz it needs lil things done and i hate old rusted spare tires i gotta change it cuz one tire kicked the bucket when i was on the freeway goin to chillicothe to tumbleweed and wow it was a fun ride let me tell ya me and my wife in the front seats she said that was more fun then a rollercoaster lol but...

ok how much of a lump of dead pres. ?????:dunno maybe 4k to 5k?

Honestly I don't really want to sell. It would take more like 10k to get this one away from me. How many 86' factory straight axle crew cabs 4x4's are really left? This is the body style I cherish most, and I have only seen a couple of trucks like mine ever in a crew cab 4x4 set up. Now it is a dually, flat bed with another 105 gallons of fuel cap available as of today. I put a 12v powered aux tank with fill handle. This is the truck I have been wanting for a very long time, I am very happy with it at this point. Do I have others yes, and they are newer, but this one really fits me well.

Last edited:

pennsylvaniabo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got into the idi world as of recent. I looked at 12v's, 6.5L gm, PSD, etc. Im a thru and thru chevy guy. But i had a good college friend wanting to sell me his IDI. Im the third owner and the truck has 260k on it.

Ive done some mods...most recents 4" exhaust that starts halfway up the dp. Man these things sound great. There is no diesel that sounds quite like these at 2500rpms.

I gotta say I'm becoming a fan of these motors!!

bigoilburner19

Reaction score
Honestly I don't really want to sell. It would take more like 10k to get this one away from me. How many 86' factory straight axle crew cabs 4x4's are really left? This is the body style I cherish most, and I have only seen a couple of trucks like mine ever in a crew cab 4x4 set up. Now it is a dually, flat bed with another 105 gallons of fuel cap available as of today. I put a 12v powered aux tank with fill handle. This is the truck I have been wanting for a very long time, I am very happy with it at this point. Do I have others yes, and they are newer, but this one really fits me well.

well all i can say is when your ready to get rid of itid buy it off ya cuzlike you said there anit much like those left i would buy it off u in a second just tell me before you tell everyone else lol id be fightin anyone that tried to get it before me haha:backoff

Worstenemy453

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well all i can say is when your ready to get rid of itid buy it off ya cuzlike you said there anit much like those left i would buy it off u in a second just tell me before you tell everyone else lol id be fightin anyone that tried to get it before me haha:backoff

Why dont you build an IDI ? IDIs are easily available in a junkyard. My local junkyard has atleast 10 IDI brick noses and 1 IDI slant nose, buy a motor and rebuild it and buy a gas truck and swtich it.

bigoilburner19

Reaction score
well three things are in my way or I would 1. i dont have a stable job yet waiting on this pest control job 2.where I live in town I have no room to work on one or build one (crys)and 3. not enough money in my pocket to buy one decent and to build one since around ohio if you want one you have to be loaded or know a good junkyard whcih around me theres like 5 but they are too expensive and the parts arent good nor would they sell a whole truck so you see a problem here lol

international

Drownin' in diesel
Reaction score
well three things are in my way or I would 1. i dont have a stable job yet waiting on this pest control job 2.where I live in town I have no room to work on one or build one (crys)and 3. not enough money in my pocket to buy one decent and to build one since around ohio if you want one you have to be loaded or know a good junkyard whcih around me theres like 5 but they are too expensive and the parts arent good nor would they sell a whole truck so you see a problem here lol

You could buy my 92 and put an older front clip on it...:dunno

bigoilburner19

Reaction score
yeah i would its jsut NO TRANNY lol id have to really think about it since im really wanten a dually 2wd dont really need 4x4 not now since my old job required it but hey thanks anyway international

bigoilburner19

Reaction score
yeah thats what I figured but if you have a 1 acre plot full of idi's lol then it would be cheap to build a few but noone around ohio has a decent one oncraigslist or truck trader or auto trader and even in the classified ads it is sad these trucks are so long gone and forgotten to some people

nicknd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Over the past 3 weeks I have owned my 6.9 F350, I have some little/annoying problems with it, and now the truck won't start because of a wiring issue. Anyway, I will look for another 6.9 when this one is gone. My firends and their parents keep telling me to save up more money and get a newer Power Stroke or something. I have thought this through; it would be nice to have the power and a newer truck, but repairs are so expensive and there's a lot more that could potentially go wrong.

To make a long story short, even though these old trucks have their problems and are getting harder to find (which means less parts :dunno) , there's something about them that just makes me want another.

bigoilburner19

Reaction score
yeah they were some of fords finest i tell you they are going to be around for awhile if people take care of them but noone will want to sell them since most know how valuable they are. But im planing on getting one off my ex boss but im still wondering if I should since he wants like 3500 for something that looks more 2k-2500 and also I had a prob with corrosion on that one I just mentioned where the wires hook onto the starter maybe this could help?