Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's my old van just for grins.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Zrock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Soaking then in oil is not going to introduce that much diff oil into the system maby a table spoon iff that once you let them drain off a bit... All your doing is putting a coat of oil on them so they work smooth and dont rust up.. I have been doing this for over 10 years on my toyota and my gears look as good as the day i cleaned them up...

You do not want to fill that up with grease ask anyone that is out 4x4 hardcore on a regular bassis. When you blow up something on the trail you have all that grease and mess to deal with and eventually leave something out on the trail... Just spend the money and make sure your seals are all good and get a good berring packer and synthetic grease. I have been doing hardcore trails with the clubs up here for over 10 years and properly maintained parts never leave ya stranded. I have done water crossings that were up and over my hood went home and pulled teh axles apart to clean them up and their was not a trace of water in them... If it works for teh 4x4 community then it will work for anyone

my lockouts are supposed to have grease in them. They aren't the ford lockouts they are aftermarket. The ford techs filled them with grease. i dont want to soak them in oil because that will go right into the bearings and i dont want to be mixing oil and grease together in there.

here is where i was thinking. its a relative location but those lines represent the bearings and then the x is the zerk right between them.

You must be registered for see images

on edit i would probably have to put a needle zerk in there to clear the wheel when taking it off and putting it on.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajuka