I used to play "where are the valve covers"

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that's where being a little enterprising comes in.:D
I've been hitting the dealership liquidation auctions and buying used lifts at $400-$800 each. I sell them at $1200-$1500 delivered but not installed.

Hey towcat: I'll take one of those, a 10,000 pounder delivered. It's only 2645 miles.:D

I can put it in my new garage (shop). And how did you get a pic of my Granddaughter for your avatar? The one on the left side.

Attachments

• DVC01300.JPG
    DVC01300.JPG
    272.7 KB · Views: 3
  • DSCF0866.JPG
    DSCF0866.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

jam0o0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
those "small" international pick ups are awsome. there are a few running around here. they really look like international's version of an H1 4door pickup. really wide, really good ground clearance, not too tall.

that's what's wrong with all one tons now, they are all tall and have NO ground clearance. i dont' need a 7'-6" tall truck with the bottom of the door 6 inches off the ground. i'll keep my '93 2wd with better ground clearance than a modern 4x4 that still fits in small parking garages.

burtcheca

farmer/cabinetmaker
Reaction score
When I lift the hood of my truck I can see clearly every part and have enough space to work around. Even with a relatively simple engine like this 6.9 IDI, I need help most of the time I have a problem, to know what to do. Since we live about an hour from the closest mechanic shop I need to be able to fix, as much as possible, whatever problem it may arise. The towtruck from here to town costs about $200 one way. Can you imagine my frustration if an engine like the one in the picture has a problem? I would not know were to look or start. Maybe I'm getting old but if I earn $60,000 (very difficult for a farmer like me these days) I will use 25% of it to fix the truck, the van and get me some new attachments for my tractor, the rest I will invest in getting ready to survive for a year in case of a sudden collapse of the economy.
Burt.

zrexryder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nitrogen fertilizer

Urea tanks on diesel trucks
Automotive grade of world's most widely used nitrogen fertilizer used to meet new US environmental regulations to cut air pollution

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
those who can afford to spend 60k for a new rig,are not the type to care if the engines easy to work on or not,as they wont be doing any wrenching.
they buy the 200k+ mile warranties,and sell the truck before it expires and do it all over again.the ones who will keep their 60k dollar rigs past warranty will pay to have things fixed.
very few with this kind of $ even care whats under the hood,as long as they know when they hook onto a heavy trailer or 5th wheel,they can go 80 lol.

new trucks are not made for the home shade tree mechanics.we can't afford them lol.
look at them KR's they are made with leather seats and setup like fine luxury cars.
those aren't made for working,and will be sold to people who don't need them just city slickers who simply want them to make themselfs think they work trucks like we do thats all.
even if they where easy to work on.people who can pay 60k for a pickup wont be doing anything to it themselfs anyway.

they see a truck with 390 hp and 735 lb-ft with leather seats.they dont plan on popping the hood to get dirty.;)